“You get what you pay for”
Review of Kingfisher Lodging

Kingfisher Lodging
Kingfisher Lodging
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Dennis
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The Kingfisher is only for the budget concious traveller who is only looking for a roof over their head and a bathroom. This motel is a 50's style motor inn that has pretty much outlived it's usefulnesss. Everything about this place is old and well worn.
The staff was pleasant and the room was clean. This may be the cheapest place to stay on the cape but with that comes this old adage, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank codebluev7

Reviewed June 12, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised to check into the Kingfisher Lodging on 6A. Owner Len greeted us, gave us important local info. This was our first trip ( hope to have many more!) to the cape. Len's motel rooms are clean, adequate, and serve the basic needs of any traveler! IF you don't mind making your own bed! The bath towels and bed sheets are soft, clean and fresh! Resturants, shopping, beach...' just down the road...'
Add Kingfisher Lodging to your trip itinerary!

• Stayed: June 2010
5  Thank beachy322
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I had a great stay with my two golden retrievers this past Sept. I travel a lot for business and stay in many high end hotels. This trip I needed a place to take my dogs. I was so very pleasantly surprised at how extremly clean and well cared for the rooms were. I have stayed in hotels much more expensive that were not as clean.
There was plenty of hot water with great water pressure. The bedding,including the spreads , were clean and new. The mattress was quite comfortable, a feature way on on the top of my list of necessities in lodging.
Ken, the owner, is wonderful, kind and uplifiting. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank roadwarrioralaways
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We were looking forward to staying at this location based on TA reviews. After checking in, I have to say we were very disappointed. We only opted to stay one night and found excellent accomodations right down the road for the same price. We really can't understand how this location was given so many excellent reviews.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank AnnieCA_9
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We were visiting family in Dennis and looking for an economical place to stay that was pet-friendly and convenient –and we found it at the Kingfisher! Truly a motel, the rooms are dated and small (our room did not have a closet) and honestly, I have to admit I was a bit scared when I first opened the room door! However - once I left my snobby hotel airs at the door, I found the room clean, the beds comfy, the AC on and strong, and the direct TV and free-WIFI a real treat!!
The motel also offers a small fridge in the room, a strong cup of complimentary coffee in the main office in the morning and a clean refreshing pool, which was a big hit with the kids! The location was great with Captain Frosty's within walking distance and Corporation Beach just a 2.5 mile drive.
All and all we were very pleased with our lodging choice and would recommend the Kingfisher to anyone who has the ability to look beyond decorating aesthetics and wants to experience all the Cape offers as economically as possible!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank bigpuppy
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Family and I stayed here for a weekend and we loved it! The rooms were clean with an old Cape Cod feel. The service was great! Len made us feel at home and was always willing to helps us. We would definitely stay here again and tell our friends about it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank kknuckle
Reviewed June 9, 2009

This is the second year that I have stayed at the Kingfisher motel. Yes it is a little old, and the rooms a little small. But if you are on Cape Cod how much time do you really spend in your room? The Kingfisher has a great owner who bends over backwards to help you if you need it, the beds are comfy, there are little frigs to use and enough space in the rooms to get around, and everything is really clean. My friend brought his dog and it worked out great. I love staying here because it is the same distant from both tips of the cape and there is a great ice cream shop and pizza place right up the road. What else do you need in a motel for vacation?

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank litehaus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dennis
2 mi away
#10 of 25 in Dennis
Wellfleet Motel
Wellfleet Motel
#2 of 4 in Wellfleet

Been to Kingfisher Lodging? Share your experiences!