“Wonderful visit on Cape Cod”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dennis
Isaiah Hall Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Dennis B&B and Inns
Clayton, California
“Wonderful visit on Cape Cod”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We just had three great days on Cape Cod and stayed at the most comfortable B&B, the Isaiah Hall Inn. Very comfortable, great atmosphere and the breakfasts were delicious. This was our first visit to Cape Cod. We had just completed a 7 day cruise and then 2 days in Boston and three on the cape.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Kings Room #9.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I use trip advisor for all my holidays but have never contributed to it. I liked this place and its owners so much ive decided to write a review. We stayed at the Isaiah hall for 2 nights after a trip around New England. Excellent B&B, very friendly owners who helped us get the most of our cape cod stay. Excellent breakfast, room was comfortable. Cookies and coffee available all day home made and delicous - computer for guest use. Nice location - Dennis is lovely and about half way down the cape. If i was coming back to the cape i wouldnt look around for anywhere else - Book Now!

UK couple first trip to US.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
midland ga
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I had a great time at this charming B/B. If you are expecting a five star hotel then this is not the place for you. However, if you want a gentleman and lady with great personality and care for their guests, then this is the place for you. Great history and warmth!
Jerry and Judy make you feel more like family then guests in a B/B.

Full of charm and great atmosphere.

Breakfast meets your needs and the afternoon & evening cookies are perfect.

Don/Gail

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Albany, NY
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Isaiah Hall bed and breakfast for a week at the end of August and had the best vacation ever! I should also mention that we stayed for five nights at the end of June and had such a great time that we went back for another five nights for our anniversary in July, and then, when hurricane irene cancelled our trip to the west coast in August, we headed back to Isaiah Hall for another six nights at the end of August; probably we are the only guests who visited three times in the same summer! We have stayed at many places on the Cape over the years, and Isaiah Hall is far and away the best....Jerry and Judy are the ultimate hosts, always welcoming, always concerned for their guests (even when a hurriance is passing through the area), and always ready with introductions to the other guests, suggestions for restaurants, tips on places to go on the Cape, etc. The inn is just lovely; each room is unique, the beds are super comfortable and the 600 thread count sheets are awesome! (Did I mention that everything is spotless?) Breakfast at the large dining table is always a treat...food is great and the other guests, from all over the world, leads to interesting conversation and discussions. The location is also a draw....a short walk to Corporation Beach (my personal favorie) and an easy walk to restaurants, shops, ice cream, etc. Most of the guests we met during each of our stays were repeat guests, and it's easy to see why!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
madrid, spain
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We - (family of 4, 2 children aged 13 and 11) stayed here for 1 night, in the Josephine and Michelle rooms. I had booked for 2 nights, on the strength of the rave reviews on Trip Advisor, despite the surprisingly high prices, and the fact that my husband normally prefers hotels to B and B´s. Unfortunately, nothing here changed his mind, and we left after 1 night. We fell over ourselves to make clear to Jerry that it was our problem not his, and he has a lovely house. He was fine about our leaving, and my daughter promised to send him a postcard at Christmas for his fridge collection.

The house and gardens are charming, and Jerry was very welcoming and friendly (Judy was away). The rooms we stayed in were quite small, and we had to haul our luggage up a staircase so steep it was almost a ladder. The bedrooms were nicely furnished if somewhat cluttered (photos of grandchildren, rag dolls on chairs...). Communal areas are comfortable and well equipped, eg computer with free Wifi in the lounge, and the cookies are a nice touch. The communal breakfast, where Jerry introduces everyone, is in keeping with the overall feeling of staying in your grandparents´house, which other reviewers have mentioned. If this kind of atmosphere is what you like, then you´ll love it.

It isn´t cheap though. We paid $874 including taxes for 2 rooms, for 2 nights. This room rate per night was among the most expensive of our 2 week trip, staying in 3 and 4 star hotels in good locations around Canada and New England.

When I got home and found that Jerry had charged the second night - which of course he was quite within his rights to do - I emailed him to confirm the total, to thank him for his welcome, and also to pass on the comment on the price (a lot for a family who need 2 rooms). I was taken aback when my email was rejected, as having been blacklisted by Jerry´s server (though we had previously exchanged emails about the booking with no problem). This left rather a sour taste. Perhaps despite appearances, he had not taken our early departure as well as we thought.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have my own cottage near the Isaiah Hall that I rent out on a short-term basis throughout the year. Whenever I have time to visit the Cape and check in on the property, personally, I always hope that my place is booked at the time, so that I'll have an excuse to stay with Judy & Jerry at Isaiah Hall!!! You really need look no further than this incredible B&B...

Room Tip: Just ask! Let Jerry know what you're looking for, and he'll put you in the best available r...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
La Prairie, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This was our second trip to Isaiah Hall. My spouse and I had stayed Labour Day week-end of 2010 in the Josephine room which is the smallest room of the inn and which was named after Judy's mother. Each room in the inn is named after someone very special and very dear to the inn keepers, Judy and Jerry.
Jerry and Judy are absolutely extraordinary people who cannot help but make all feel welcomed and adored. You just want to go back again and again and again.
As per another comment, you do not go to this inn if you like the ultra modern look. This inn and its room feel like when you're staying at your grandmother's house.
Judy and Jerry keep a 2 fridges available for guests. A regular sized fridge in the living room which is always stocked with water and soft drinks and a small fridge on the second floor.
The inn is about a 7 minute walk from Corporation Beach and is also walking distance from a stock of restaurants (The Mercantile, Winery Harvest, Underground Café, Summer Stock, Fin, The Red Pheasant, Scargo Cafe) and an ice cream place (Smuggler). It is also walking distance from the Cape Cod Museum of Arts and from the Josiah Dennis Manse House.
A stock of movies as well as books is available for the guests as are some board games. Each room is equipped with a small television/dvd set and the big television/dvd set of the living room is also available for guests to enjoy.
Breakfast is around the big communal table in the dining room and starts early enough so that if you have something planed a bit further away that day, you can still have breakfast and leave early enough. Chocolate chip cookies as well as tea and coffee are always available to guests. Each morning a different breakfast is served and all are very very good.
Leaving was a very hard thing to do. We miss you already!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dennis
Sesuit Harbor House