We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dennis
Isaiah Hall Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Dennis B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Isaiah Hall bed and breakfast for a week at the end of August and had the best vacation ever! I should also mention that we stayed for five nights at the end of June and had such a great time that we went back for another five nights for our anniversary in July, and then, when hurricane irene cancelled our trip to the west coast in August, we headed back to Isaiah Hall for another six nights at the end of August; probably we are the only guests who visited three times in the same summer! We have stayed at many places on the Cape over the years, and Isaiah Hall is far and away the best....Jerry and Judy are the ultimate hosts, always welcoming, always concerned for their guests (even when a hurriance is passing through the area), and always ready with introductions to the other guests, suggestions for restaurants, tips on places to go on the Cape, etc. The inn is just lovely; each room is unique, the beds are super comfortable and the 600 thread count sheets are awesome! (Did I mention that everything is spotless?) Breakfast at the large dining table is always a treat...food is great and the other guests, from all over the world, leads to interesting conversation and discussions. The location is also a draw....a short walk to Corporation Beach (my personal favorie) and an easy walk to restaurants, shops, ice cream, etc. Most of the guests we met during each of our stays were repeat guests, and it's easy to see why!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We - (family of 4, 2 children aged 13 and 11) stayed here for 1 night, in the Josephine and Michelle rooms. I had booked for 2 nights, on the strength of the rave reviews on Trip Advisor, despite the surprisingly high prices, and the fact that my husband normally prefers hotels to B and B´s. Unfortunately, nothing here changed his mind, and we left after 1 night. We fell over ourselves to make clear to Jerry that it was our problem not his, and he has a lovely house. He was fine about our leaving, and my daughter promised to send him a postcard at Christmas for his fridge collection.

The house and gardens are charming, and Jerry was very welcoming and friendly (Judy was away). The rooms we stayed in were quite small, and we had to haul our luggage up a staircase so steep it was almost a ladder. The bedrooms were nicely furnished if somewhat cluttered (photos of grandchildren, rag dolls on chairs...). Communal areas are comfortable and well equipped, eg computer with free Wifi in the lounge, and the cookies are a nice touch. The communal breakfast, where Jerry introduces everyone, is in keeping with the overall feeling of staying in your grandparents´house, which other reviewers have mentioned. If this kind of atmosphere is what you like, then you´ll love it.

It isn´t cheap though. We paid $874 including taxes for 2 rooms, for 2 nights. This room rate per night was among the most expensive of our 2 week trip, staying in 3 and 4 star hotels in good locations around Canada and New England.

When I got home and found that Jerry had charged the second night - which of course he was quite within his rights to do - I emailed him to confirm the total, to thank him for his welcome, and also to pass on the comment on the price (a lot for a family who need 2 rooms). I was taken aback when my email was rejected, as having been blacklisted by Jerry´s server (though we had previously exchanged emails about the booking with no problem). This left rather a sour taste. Perhaps despite appearances, he had not taken our early departure as well as we thought.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank binmadrid
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have my own cottage near the Isaiah Hall that I rent out on a short-term basis throughout the year. Whenever I have time to visit the Cape and check in on the property, personally, I always hope that my place is booked at the time, so that I'll have an excuse to stay with Judy & Jerry at Isaiah Hall!!! You really need look no further than this incredible B&B...

Room Tip: Just ask! Let Jerry know what you're looking for, and he'll put you in the best available r...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This was our second trip to Isaiah Hall. My spouse and I had stayed Labour Day week-end of 2010 in the Josephine room which is the smallest room of the inn and which was named after Judy's mother. Each room in the inn is named after someone very special and very dear to the inn keepers, Judy and Jerry.
Jerry and Judy are absolutely extraordinary people who cannot help but make all feel welcomed and adored. You just want to go back again and again and again.
As per another comment, you do not go to this inn if you like the ultra modern look. This inn and its room feel like when you're staying at your grandmother's house.
Judy and Jerry keep a 2 fridges available for guests. A regular sized fridge in the living room which is always stocked with water and soft drinks and a small fridge on the second floor.
The inn is about a 7 minute walk from Corporation Beach and is also walking distance from a stock of restaurants (The Mercantile, Winery Harvest, Underground Café, Summer Stock, Fin, The Red Pheasant, Scargo Cafe) and an ice cream place (Smuggler). It is also walking distance from the Cape Cod Museum of Arts and from the Josiah Dennis Manse House.
A stock of movies as well as books is available for the guests as are some board games. Each room is equipped with a small television/dvd set and the big television/dvd set of the living room is also available for guests to enjoy.
Breakfast is around the big communal table in the dining room and starts early enough so that if you have something planed a bit further away that day, you can still have breakfast and leave early enough. Chocolate chip cookies as well as tea and coffee are always available to guests. Each morning a different breakfast is served and all are very very good.
Leaving was a very hard thing to do. We miss you already!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank prefin16
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Overall a FANTASTIC experience: a lovely B&B in a perfect location (minutes from the beautiful Chapin/Mayflower beaches) on a quaint property with absolutely wonderful owners. Jerry, Judy, and Irina welcomed us in like we were family and always made sure everything we needed/wanted was taken care of (including providing us towels & chairs for the beach, and lending us wine glasses & bottle openers when we went to the BYOB Sesuit Harbor Cafe!). I disagree with the other reviewer who claimed this B&B was not clean; we found everything from sheets to towels to furniture to be clean and very well kept. The Inn/house was built in the 1850s, so of course someone coming here expecting a sleek, modern layout will be disappointed. But that's not the point of a B&B, nor is the point of Cape Cod. Isaiah Hall B&B, much like the Cape, is a gracefully older and beautifully maintained property (with fantastic proprietors) and we would very strongly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Dennis or the neighboring towns! It was our first time at Isaiah Hall and my husband and I are already talking about making this a yearly tradition.

Room Tip: Room #9 in the carriage house looked to be the nicest and the suites downstairs are worth the money...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JLVreeland
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights at the Isaiah Hall Bed and Breakfast Inn on Whig Street in Dennis. We were on the Cape for our granddaughter's christening. I must say we have never experienced such a friendly and welcoming stay at an inn! The circa 1970 inn itself was beautiful enough with clean, splendidly decorated rooms, parlors, and "community" kitchen and dining room-but the real secret to the experience is the charm of innkeepers Jerry and Judy Neal. From the moment we walked through the front door we were welcomed and treated like long lost family! Breakfasts featured delicious homemade breads, cereals, muffins, fresh coffee, juices, and fresh fruit. Sunday morning we were treated a special treat of Belgian waffles. The food was wonderful and the conversation better! The inn's "backyard" is impeccably groomed with sitting areas for an evening glass of wine and beautifully landscaped gardens. We are already talking about coming back and making the inn our "base camp" for a fall biking getaway. Thanks for your old fashioned hospitality Jerry and Judy! See you this fall!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2011

2 friends and I stayed 6 nights at the Isaiah Hall Inn. Jerry and Judy Neal are the most wonderful innkeepers...hospitable, warm, caring and so very friendly we felt like members of their family! The accommodations were fine, exceptionally clean with comfy beds and wonderful linens. Jerry seemed to do most of the breakfast cooking and we all got some terrific recipes from him. The Neals gave us excellent restaurant recommendations all of which we loved. And we took their recommendations for sites and shopping. We 3 would definitely return for a repeat engagement!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room with large bath.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends