“Grumpy's is just a great breakfast...”

Grumpy's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Grumpy's is just a great breakfast tradition on the Cape! Just remember the key word is breakfast...lunch is not very good. During the season, expect to wait a while if coming before noon.

I recommend their sausage, bacon and waffles.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

My wife and I recently went to Grumpy's after a few locals said it was a good place for breakfast. Based on the amount of cars we see in the lot daily, we figured all those people can't be wrong.
I had a pretty standard breakfast, eggs, home fries, meat, & toast, but my wife went a more adventurous route getting the stuffed blueberry and coconut french toast. The dining room was super busy, but they really know how to pump the food out of the kitchen so we didn't wait long at all.
My standard breakfast was very good. Although I think it's hard to mess up my order, it certainly had a home made feel, and the home fries were well seasoned. My wife's dish sounded a little too sweet to me, but actually it was very good. The blueberries were fresh, and the coconut actually just gently sweetened the dish.
I think the best thing about Grumpy's is there extensive number of specials. There were at least 4 different french toasts that given day as well as a few signature omelets as well, so if you're looking for something different, it's the place for you.
We would definitely go back again the next time were up on the Cape.

Reviewed May 23, 2010

I went to Grumpy's for breakfast based on a friend's recommendation. It is generally very busy so get there early or be prepared to stand in a line outside the door. They have an extensive menu and lots of specials - certainly something for even the pickiest eaters! My french toast ($8.95) was some of the best I have ever had. I will definitely go again my next time on the Cape!

Reviewed November 27, 2009

Locals told us about this place. After a botched breakfast at another breakfast place in dennis a few days prior, we were very happy with this place. Huge menu, great muffins, hot coffee and excellent waffles! My friend had the steak and eggs. cooked to perfection. The place was low on the grease and high on the flavor. The place is spotless. The waitstaff was friendly enough. They could improve on that a little. All and all I was grateful for the tip off from the local. Go and try it!

Reviewed November 19, 2009

We have been coming to Grumpy's for years, both in- and off-season. Small, charming, and local, it is the epitome of what we go to the Cape for - homey, casual, reasonable, and fun. Their menu is HUGE and deciding what to eat can be a real challenge, with a large ever-changing list of daily breakfast and lunch specials. Everything here seems to be homemade. My favorites are the homemade fish cakes, baked beans, and macaroni and cheese, all delicious and filling! Service has always been friendly and prompt, and yes, you do sometimes have to be patient waiting for a table, but it's worth it! I wish they were open for dinner!