“A must-go!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I went to Grumpy's for breakfast based on a friend's recommendation. It is generally very busy so get there early or be prepared to stand in a line outside the door. They have an extensive menu and lots of specials - certainly something for even the pickiest eaters! My french toast ($8.95) was some of the best I have ever had. I will definitely go again my next time on the Cape!

Reviewed November 27, 2009

Locals told us about this place. After a botched breakfast at another breakfast place in dennis a few days prior, we were very happy with this place. Huge menu, great muffins, hot coffee and excellent waffles! My friend had the steak and eggs. cooked to perfection. The place was low on the grease and high on the flavor. The place is spotless. The waitstaff was friendly enough. They could improve on that a little. All and all I was grateful for the tip off from the local. Go and try it!

Reviewed November 19, 2009

We have been coming to Grumpy's for years, both in- and off-season. Small, charming, and local, it is the epitome of what we go to the Cape for - homey, casual, reasonable, and fun. Their menu is HUGE and deciding what to eat can be a real challenge, with a large ever-changing list of daily breakfast and lunch specials. Everything here seems to be homemade. My favorites are the homemade fish cakes, baked beans, and macaroni and cheese, all delicious and filling! Service has always been friendly and prompt, and yes, you do sometimes have to be patient waiting for a table, but it's worth it! I wish they were open for dinner!

Reviewed September 14, 2009

We usually have breakfast at Grumpy's once or twice while we're on the Cape. We had tried several times in the course of our one-week's stay at the Cape this past week to have breakfast at Grumpy's, but the lot was too full to park. Finally, on our last day, we arrived much earlier -- 7:30 -- and were able to park and get a table.
I don't know what the waitress's agenda was, but she was one unhappy camper with a huge chip on her shoulder. She poured my coffee all over the table, then threw some napkins down, leaving me to clean her mess. After I did, I put the napkins at the end of the table for her to remove, but she ignored them, and left me with a coffee-soaked placemat! She stood next to me, and simply stared at me. When I stared back, she finally asked what I wanted to order. When she returned with the food, she dropped the plates in front of us and, without looking at us or uttering a word, Maureen walked away. She ignored us until we were done, then placed the check on the table. We had to quickly ask for a second cup of coffee. My husband placed the money on the table (one must wait for the server to take the money to the cash register), but she walked past us three times, without taking the money. The money that was there would have left her with a hefty tip. I guess she was hoping we'd just leave it there and exit the eatery. Frustrated, my husband fished out the exact change, and we left, never to return.

4  Thank Sc0rp
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Huge menu including a ton of daily blackboard items, delicious muffins to die for, very casual, reasonable (for the Cape) prices. It's a busy place for all these reasons. If you have to wait, it's worth it.

1  Thank Captn_Dave