“Nice!”
Review of The Red Pheasant

The Red Pheasant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Pheasant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Creative and Classic Cuisine in the charm of a 200 year old barn on Cape Cod. Fresh flavors and local ingredients are our hallmarks.
Enfield, Connecticut
“Nice!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great restaurant... try the local oysters.. great service... very nice people....seafood is wonderful..

Visited September 2013

Billerica, Massachusetts
“Think about it everynight”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Loved the duck.
Disliked that I ate it all even though I was stuffed half way through it.

The hostess was so sweet and the service was impeccable

Visited October 2013
Harwich, Massachusetts
“A Lovely Old Fashioned Place”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Red Pheasant is housed in a lovely old house with beautiful wide plank floors, low ceilings and small cozy rooms. The bar is in a small room and quite quaint. If you want chrome and mirrors this isn't the place for you. But I thought it was warm and very romantic. We ate on the porch that overlooks lighted shrubs and every view from each seat was charming.

Service was impeccable with a well knowledged waitstaff. Menu was small but adequate and very interesting. We ate early and two in our party ordered off of the prix fix menu and I ordered off the regular menu. The prix fix meals were large and delicious and their desserts were outstanding. I ordered the duck salad that was enough for a meal and very good. Their chocolate desserts are worth the trip alone. I would come back for the duck salad and the chocolate caramel dessert.

• Visited October 2013
“Another great visit”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Over the years we have dined here a number of times. This visit on 9/20/13 was one our best. Although we arrived a little early, our table was available immediately even though the restaurant was obviously very busy. The service throughout our stay was excellent for our party of four. They had no problem adjusting to our orders which included two of us who ordered an appetizer and another appetizer for an entree and another who had two appetizers and then a menu entree. The timing was perfect and we never experienced any uncomfortable gaps or any rushed service. Across the board, all the dishes were excellent and not a single negative note was heard. In fact, all of us remarked how nice a meal we ha experienced. This was a group of diners who have often dined at some of the finest restaurants in the country. An example of how gracious the restaurant is, when one of us ordered a $45 per glass Marc de Bourgogne to accompany coffee at the end of the meal after a short wait was told that they had run out. So a much less expensive brandy was ordered (Calvados I believe). After that had been received he was given the last of the Marc de Bourgogne, which amounted to about 3/4 of a full glass at no cost. This was indeed a very enjoyable visit.

• Visited September 2013
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Way To Treat A Customer”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I have been to this restaurant many times over the years, either by ourselves or with our extended family. Until Saturday 9/21 we had never experienced anything but great food and service.
Having spent part of our 20th wedding anniversary celebrating at the Red Pheasant, we decided to return for our 33rd. For our main course, I ordered the Elk medium, while my wife ordered the pork chop medium well. As is the case with some restaurants, the waitress provided no verification as to how we could expect our meat to come to the table based on our medium/medium well selections.
When to entrees were served my Elk appeared to be cooked as I asked. When my wife cut into her chop, it showed no sign of a pink center and when tasted was extremely dry. When we caught our waitresses attention, we asked the chop be returned as it was not cooked as ordered.
Several minutes later the hostess walked over to our table and placed a menu down on it next to my wife. She ten stated the chef refused to cook my wife another chop and suggested my wife look through the menu and order something else. When questioned by us, the hostess informed us the chop had been cooked exactly as ordered. My wife spoke of her opinion that the chop was well done with no pink center as ordered. The hostess replied there was no pink center in a medium well chop and that my wife was mistaken in her assumption as to what should have been expected.
We have never been subject to such a negligent concern for customer satisfaction in our many years of dining. The key insult was the hostesses' wrongful explanation as to how a medium well cooked meat should visually appear. If one would search "medium well cooked meat" on the internet, exactly what my wife described and expected will be found.
Will not go back to this restaurany or any other establishment where customers are treated with such little respect. p.s. My wife wound up leaving the Red Pheasant w/o eating a meal.

PG from Yarmouthport MA

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PGfromYarmouthport
RedPheasant, Owner at The Red Pheasant, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We feel very badly about your dining experience. There was a definite communication break down in how a medium well chop is cooked. We will go over this with our staff so in the future anyone who asks for medium well is not surprised. I wish you would have accepted our offer to cook you another entree, please send us an email with your address we will send you a gift certificate for another evening. We offer our sincere apologies.
Denise & Bill Atwood