“Another great visit”
Review of The Red Pheasant

The Red Pheasant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Pheasant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Creative and Classic Cuisine in the charm of a 200 year old barn on Cape Cod. Fresh flavors and local ingredients are our hallmarks.
“Another great visit”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Over the years we have dined here a number of times. This visit on 9/20/13 was one our best. Although we arrived a little early, our table was available immediately even though the restaurant was obviously very busy. The service throughout our stay was excellent for our party of four. They had no problem adjusting to our orders which included two of us who ordered an appetizer and another appetizer for an entree and another who had two appetizers and then a menu entree. The timing was perfect and we never experienced any uncomfortable gaps or any rushed service. Across the board, all the dishes were excellent and not a single negative note was heard. In fact, all of us remarked how nice a meal we ha experienced. This was a group of diners who have often dined at some of the finest restaurants in the country. An example of how gracious the restaurant is, when one of us ordered a $45 per glass Marc de Bourgogne to accompany coffee at the end of the meal after a short wait was told that they had run out. So a much less expensive brandy was ordered (Calvados I believe). After that had been received he was given the last of the Marc de Bourgogne, which amounted to about 3/4 of a full glass at no cost. This was indeed a very enjoyable visit.

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Way To Treat A Customer”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I have been to this restaurant many times over the years, either by ourselves or with our extended family. Until Saturday 9/21 we had never experienced anything but great food and service.
Having spent part of our 20th wedding anniversary celebrating at the Red Pheasant, we decided to return for our 33rd. For our main course, I ordered the Elk medium, while my wife ordered the pork chop medium well. As is the case with some restaurants, the waitress provided no verification as to how we could expect our meat to come to the table based on our medium/medium well selections.
When to entrees were served my Elk appeared to be cooked as I asked. When my wife cut into her chop, it showed no sign of a pink center and when tasted was extremely dry. When we caught our waitresses attention, we asked the chop be returned as it was not cooked as ordered.
Several minutes later the hostess walked over to our table and placed a menu down on it next to my wife. She ten stated the chef refused to cook my wife another chop and suggested my wife look through the menu and order something else. When questioned by us, the hostess informed us the chop had been cooked exactly as ordered. My wife spoke of her opinion that the chop was well done with no pink center as ordered. The hostess replied there was no pink center in a medium well chop and that my wife was mistaken in her assumption as to what should have been expected.
We have never been subject to such a negligent concern for customer satisfaction in our many years of dining. The key insult was the hostesses' wrongful explanation as to how a medium well cooked meat should visually appear. If one would search "medium well cooked meat" on the internet, exactly what my wife described and expected will be found.
Will not go back to this restaurany or any other establishment where customers are treated with such little respect. p.s. My wife wound up leaving the Red Pheasant w/o eating a meal.

PG from Yarmouthport MA

1 Thank PGfromYarmouthport
RedPheasant, Owner at The Red Pheasant, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We feel very badly about your dining experience. There was a definite communication break down in how a medium well chop is cooked. We will go over this with our staff so in the future anyone who asks for medium well is not surprised. I wish you would have accepted our offer to cook you another entree, please send us an email with your address we will send you a gift certificate for another evening. We offer our sincere apologies.
Denise & Bill Atwood
Sacramento, California
“First time”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We are staying at a home minutes away from the restaurant. We had planned to dine there at least once. We opted for the price fixe early bird dinner, $30. We were seated at 5pm, a bit early, but wanted to get home in time for sunset. The waiter was gracious and suggested we consider the regular menu too. I don't feel he was pushy, just informative and indicated that signature items not on the price fixe should be considered. My wife did opt for the sole which was not on the p.f. Menu; i went with the p.f. And ordered the 12 ounce pork chop center cut with bone in. My dinner came with salad and dessert and for $30 a Cape value. The sole was $25 just for the entree and satisfied my wife, the plate was loaded with food. We shared the salad and dessert. The dessert was huge and there is no way we could have eaten two. We will be back next year and will come back.

Visited September 2013
Naples, Florida
“An excellent evening dinner with friends.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were 4 couples on a golf getaway weekend. We decided to have dinner at the Red Pheasant in Dennis since it is minutes away from our friends Cape home. The food choices were exceptional and the service was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their food choices, the wine list has numerous choices, so we picked a red and white wine for the table. Our evening was truly enjoyable! I would highly recommend the restaurant to anyone visiting the area.

Harwich, Massachusetts
“Could be old-fashioned and quaint, but misses the mark on the food.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Ok, we've travelled here for years and now live here, and I have tried on a few occasions to really be impressed with this restaurant, but just am not. The salmon was terribly overcooked, dry and tasteless ... And we're right on the ocean - no excuse for not knowing how to cook seafood!!

Sorry, but this is one place I simply cannot recommend.