“Lovely place, interesting menu, staff error”
Review of The Red Pheasant

The Red Pheasant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Pheasant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Creative and Classic Cuisine in the charm of a 200 year old barn on Cape Cod. Fresh flavors and local ingredients are our hallmarks.
“Lovely place, interesting menu, staff error”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went to the Red Pheasant because we were going to the Cape Playhouse and had already tried Scargo and Summer Stock. The restaurant is lovely and welcoming. We enjoyed watching hummingbirds and goldfinches at the feeders in the garden. The apps were outstanding - french tart and oysters bienville. For dinner we ordered scallops and duckling, but were served salmon and duckling. Wait staff achknowledged their mistake and took the salmon away to refire the scallops but did not take my duckling. Eventually I got someone's attention and asked that the dish be returned and brought back when the full order was ready. When they came back the scallops were good but the duckling had not been refired only kept warm which resulted in medium well duck - not a good thing. Since there wasn't time to wait for another dish I persevered but the back of the house should have known better. We will go back becuse the menu was so interesting, but hope to avoid this in the future.

Visited August 2013

Dallas, TX
“Wonderful Sunday evening dinner”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I joined another couple for Sunday dinner. We had dined here a year or more ago and were disappointed. This time was different. The service was delightful, the owner was on duty in the dining room making sure everything was perfect, and the food was really terrific. I had the scallops (a much more generous portion than the 4 small scallops served down the street at Fin), my wife enjoyed the chicken. The dining room was full and lively and the meals all around were wonderful. I can recommend that you revisit this restaurant, it is delicious and reasonable.

“No to be missed”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Quaint and inviting. Old world charm without any of the stuffiness . 7 diners, 4 appetizers , 7 entrees an 4 desserts. Fried oysters, sirloin of elk, rack of lamb, linguine with clams, shortbread with fresh peaches,raspberries an home made whipped cream are all not to be missed. Attentive service. Excellent dining.

“Great food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This is the historic building and a very comfortable place. The food is very good and the service is very friendly.

Visited August 2013
Cape Cod
“A pleasant evening”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We dined here last night to celebrate my daughters birthday. We entered this rustic restaurant and were seated quickly at a table in the porch area overlooking a very large garden. This room featured a long wall that was painted with lots of flowers. We looked at the wine menu, and my daughter was impressed with the nice selection of wines they offered. Our waiter arrived a minute later to take our drink order. We had several questions about the menu, and our waiter answered all our questions. For appetizers, we decided on a French tart, lobster pierogi's and a burrata caprese salad. The pierogi's were good. Not a lot of flavor, but nice chunks of lobster in a nicely browned fried dough. The French tart was the size of a mini pizza, and was tasty. The burrata, however, was outstanding! Presented beautifully, ruby red ripe tomatoes, large pieces of basil, and the burrata melted in your mouth!!! So glad we ordered it! For dinner, my husband and daughter ordered the scallops, browned beautifully, and very flavorful. I ordered the roasted rack of lamb, which were two pieces of lamb cooked to perfection. My son ordered the chef's nightly game special, which was elk. It was moist and very tasty. The presentation of all our plates were great.

On a side note, I noticed our waiter (Steve) cutting the meat on a man's plate whom he just served.....then I noticed the man's arm was in a sling. I've never seen customer service like that, and I thought it was incredibly sweet!

Overall, we had a pleasant evening, with good food. If you prefer chic atmosphere, though, then this probably isn't the place for you.