“Scrumptious and Satisfying!”

Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A traditional, Tavern and Restaurant with wood paneled walls, open fireplaces and an outdoor covered deck for al Fresco dining during summer. The fare includes guest favorites such as roasted rack of New Zealand lamb, and seafood strudel (a seafood blend baked in pastry) with Newburg sauce. Lots of fresh local seafood and oysters. Many more seafood entrees, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, chicken, pasta selections, and their truly famous version of Grapenut Custard.
“Scrumptious and Satisfying!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

From the cozy, warm fireplaces to the Grapenut Custard Pudding, I fully enjoyed my experience at Scargo Cafe. Busy as the Cafe was, the host was able to find a spot for our hungry twosome quickly. Menu (on-line) features choices for everyone and price quite reasonable. Thriving bar community as well, glued to their mesmerizing TV screens but, sound did not interfere at all with private experience. Saw no children at 8pm on a Sat nite. Reservations only accepted at 50% of seating. Could be hard to get in, but we were lucky.

• Visited November 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Super visit during restaurant week”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I visited Cape Cod recently. When we discoved that our visit coincided with restaurant week, we decided to visit several of the participants. Our first visit was Scargo cafe based on a review on Trip Advisor and our B & B host. The meal was superb! The food was excellent and the portions were very generous. Ths service was also top notch, and they seemed to be very interested in promoting and featuring the restaurant week specials. This was one of the best meals I've had this year.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank 193barryl
Dennis, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good local restaurant”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Good service, updated menu, good food and cozy bar. Very good stop prior to the playhouse shows. Pepper burger is excellent, not your run of the mill menu.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Robear29
East Dennis, Massachusetts, United States
“Great neighborhood restaurant!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have been going to Scargo Cafe for years. The food, atmosphere, and service never gets old. As year round residents we rarely go to any restaurant in the summer because of the crowds but the fall, winter and spring we love to go. The winter is fun too as the owners always have great and fun marketing ideas to attract new and regular customers. Tonight I had East Dennis oysters which are always a great size and consistent quality. For the main course I tried the short ribs which reminded me of the meals my grandmother used to serve. I always feel at home here.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tom-Sullivan
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Extensive menu - great atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had dinner for four before the theater at Scargo Cafe. The menu was interesting and extremely varied, wait staff very cordial, and food was excellent. Great spot --- I would return again in a heartbeat.

Visited August 2013