“Very Good But.....”

Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A traditional, Tavern and Restaurant with wood paneled walls, open fireplaces and an outdoor covered deck for al Fresco dining during summer. The fare includes guest favorites such as roasted rack of New Zealand lamb, and seafood strudel (a seafood blend baked in pastry) with Newburg sauce. Lots of fresh local seafood and oysters. Many more seafood entrees, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, chicken, pasta selections, and their truly famous version of Grapenut Custard.
“Very Good But.....”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I rated this place 4 **** because the ambiance, service, quality and taste of the food warranted 4****. However, the portions, considering the price paid per meal, were not sufficient. Could have used a bit more food. I had the Tenderloin of Beef with mashed potatoes and asparagas in a Bearnaise sauce. Very good. However, because I don't particularly like asparagas I was told I could have green beans. OK i say, however, there were no green beans on the plate. The drinks were good, my wife had plate of Lobster Mac & Cheese, no complaints from her.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank dave2840

Harwich, Massachusetts
“Always a great meal!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Whether lunch or dinner you always get a great meal at Scargo. I love this restaurant in the off season when you rarely have long wait for a table. Comfortable atmosphere and carefully prepared delicious seasonal dishes. Pumpkin cheesecake was to die for!

Visited October 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great food, pleasant staff, good atmosphere”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My OH and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the Cape.

We called in on spec on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. At first I was a bit fazed by the formal entranceway and the traditional garb of the waiting staff, as we had just come from the beach and were ultra casual. Needn't have worried - we went through to the bar and got a good seat with a good view of all the comings and goings. I had the cheeseburger and fries. My OH had the Italian chicken flatbread. Both delicious. Staff excellent. I can recommend the Truro Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc made right there on the Cape - yum!
We liked it so much that we went back for dinner a few nights later to celebrate our actual anniversary. This time we were a bit better dressed (lol) and ate in the dining room. We started with chowder - thick and creamy. I had the delicious short ribs in Guinness, my OH had the lamb. Unfortunately there was no room for dessert but I did have another couple of glasses of the Sauvignon Blanc. Again the staff was pleasant and attentive.
If I'm lucky enough to visit the Cape again I would have no hesitation in returning to Scargo

MA
“Scargo”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Met friends for lunch at Scargo about a week and a half ago. It was wonderful. It had been on my list for a long time, and it did not disappoint. I did have a little trouble finding it with my GPS since there are two Main Streets in the area. We had a lovely lunch and I am looking for an opportunity to go again. The Rubin was the best ever. The waitress was charming, she gave us ample time to visit, while being appropriately attentive.

North Conway, New Hampshire
“Chef's Choice for Mid Cape Dining”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Let me begin by telling you that my husband and I are both gourmet chefs. Scargo Café will not disappoint. The menu is creative, the portions are generous, the service is impeccable, the atmosphere is elegant but not stuffy. We began with the appetizer sampler platter, which contained: oysters florentine, seafood stuffed mushrooms, artichoke heart with roasted red pepper and more. I had the Lobster and fresh pea risotto... it was incredible! I can't wait to go try my own version. My husband had the rack of lamb.... deliciousioso! And yes... it was a full rack. No nouvelle cuisine here. We are so happy to have chosen this wonderful place. We will be back. Compliments to the chef and his outstanding staff.