“Best dinner on the Cape”
Review of Scargo Cafe

Scargo Cafe
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A traditional, Tavern and Restaurant with wood paneled walls, open fireplaces and an outdoor covered deck for al Fresco dining during summer. The fare includes guest favorites such as roasted rack of New Zealand lamb, and seafood strudel (a seafood blend baked in pastry) with Newburg sauce. Lots of fresh local seafood and oysters. Many more seafood entrees, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, chicken, pasta selections, and their truly famous version of Grapenut Custard.
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with another couple. Four different dinners. All four absolutely delicious. All were various fish entrées.
Service was great. Server knowledgeable and friendly. Really the best dining experience this season.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I went here two days in a row, one for lunch and second for dinner. Both meals were superb, as were the drinks and service. I had the roasted beet salad, fish cakes, hangar steak, home-made sangria over the course of the two visits and all I can say is "Yum". I can't speak about the desserts because I was too full to sample them. Everyone in my party was pleased with their meals, desserts and drinks. Best restaurant on the Cape in my opinion. Don't miss it, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were a party of 5 adults and 4 children. We were not able to get in two nights ago so we made a reservation for tonight.

It was a good move - everything went smoothly. Table ready on time, very good service and excellent food ( swordfish, haddock and scallop dishes were all good as was the lobster over pea risotto).

An interesting side note was that the gave each child an Etch A Sketch to play with which was much better than the usual crayons and kept the 4 to 7 year olds entertained. They were also good about getting out their food quickly.

It is moderately expensive but the value was good. It had a nice atmosphere and was conveniently located.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We chose Scargo because it was across from the Cape Playhouse and we had tickets to a show. I honestly did not have high hopes, I figured it was a tourist place that had a captive audience because of the theatre. I am so happy we went there, the service was excellent the food fresh and delicious. It was not inexpensive but worth every penny. I will definitely return.

1  Thank Ellen J
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Great meal, good service!
Well worth the 1 hour wait on a Saturday night in July! Try the rack of lamb it's spectacular, the swordfish is very good as well.