“Never Disappointed... Always Great!”

Chapin's Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 98 Restaurants in Dennis
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Every year when visiting Cape Cod we go back to Chapins... this year was no different. The lively atmosphere, helpful staff, great drinks and awesome food keep us coming back for more. The Prime Rib was out of this world! There were 12 in our party and not a single complaint was heard... only compliments. Thanks Chapins!

1  Thank skbmansfield

Reviewed June 4, 2009

I didn't like this restaurant the first time I went, but given some of the good reviews, I decided to give it another chance. I had chicken parmesan and it was terrible! And it was expensive...$14.99 and did not include a salad. The service was just ok. I heard someone at the next table complaining that their food was way overdone. I had to ask for bread. Overall a very poor dining experience!

The atmosphere reminds me of the 99 Restaurant with booths. The bar did look like fun and was packed. It seemed like a lot of locals that knew each other. If you were just looking for a fun bar it would probably be the place to go. But if you are looking for good food, go elsewhere.

Reviewed February 17, 2009

We ate at Chapin's restaurant for Valentine's Day evening this year. I had called a few days ahead to see if they took reservations, which they don't, but was told the waits are usually shorter in the winter. We arrived at 5:30 and were greeted by very friendly staff and seated at a nice corner table. Within 10 minutes, the restaurant was full and people were waiting for tables. Our waitress was wonderful. The meal was very good. My husband's prime rib was done just as he likes it and my fish was delicious. We noticed a bar area in the back and would like to venture there the next time we go. Overall the service and food were great and it was a wonderful evening for us. We will definitely come to Chapin's again. We felt the food and drinks were moderately priced, and a good value for our money.

1  Thank JOGEEZER_123
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We went here based on the reviews I read here. First the service was awful. We barely saw our waitress! The food was just okay. The prices even for Cape Cod are more than they should be for what you get. I ordered the steak tips and got 4 pieces! For $17! Then I ordered a Margarita and that was $16! I woudl not go back to this place.

1  Thank kunman
Reviewed February 8, 2008

What a gem of a find at the end of a dead end. My friends who are locals to the Cape gave us the name of this place on our cell while driving through Boston traffic. We were to meet up with them there at 7pm.

As we were making the turns off of RT 6 in the dark, I had imagined what we were going to end up at the end of this road. I was ready for a bar, pool tables and pizza!

WOW! When we finally came upon it I turned to my son and said, "This is not at all what I expected, I hope we are dressed up enough." I was shocked at how packed it was for a Monday night in January!

Once inside our 5 hour trip through Boston rush hour melted away. It is warm and cozy with a seaside decor and very nautical and inviting. We ordered drinks and I began to narrow down what to order for dinner.

I was immediately brought back to my childhood where I grew up going out to dinner with my parents. We frequented restaurants along the Rhode Island and Connecticut shorelines. You could immediately tell when you had hit the "winner" of restaurants by the SMELL!! That smell of fresh scallops just out of the fryer, shrimp cooked to perfection and lobster right out of the salty brine it was cooked in. Fresh seafood, yum!!

Well that's the smells wafting through Chapin's as I pondered what to order for dinner. I decided I would have to eat there everyday for the next month to get everything that looked, smelled and sounded so good on the menu.

I ordered the baked seafood platter and coerced my son to order the fried one and another friend the fried scallops. What a great choice, we all shared and got the best of almost all worlds.

Everything was great. The service, the food, the atmosphere the friends and the location were all just simply wonderful. It's getting harder and harder to find restaurants that take pride in what they do and serve. Many are taking short cuts these days and Chapins obviously is not.

I only wish it was within driving distance to us!

1  Thank FoodieForEver