“I'm a Local, and eat here Once a Year”

Chapin's Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 98 Restaurants in Dennis
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We came in after a movie when other local haunts had stopped serving or were over crowded. We rarely eat out in the summer, it's just too crazy. Valet parking is mandatory, their lot is small. We asked if the deck was open and were pointed toward the door. Passing through the bar, there was live music. We went outside and sat at a bar table. The doors were shut so we couldn't hear the music, but the Red Sox game was on. We waited for quite a long while with no acknowledgement, a minimum of 15 minutes. The two bar waitresses had their backs to the clients and were texting. The raw bar had packed up. We asked a hostess who came out if anyone was working out there and she scolded us for not checking with her. We were one of three tables, about 20 were empty. We got menus including the specials. I ordered the bluefin. After a while the server came back and said they were out of it. In a pinch I ordered broiled scallops. They were large and sweet, but limp and covered with bland breadcrumbs. They were more baked than broiled. I had asked what it came with and was told potato. It also came with cole slaw and if I had known I would have asked for a vegetable. Prices are high, especially in the summer. My favorite is the lobster quesadilla, though. Call ahead for take out, and picnic on the beach.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Been here twice. The fish is certainly fresh, but the selections on the menu are nothijng to rave about. All the basic fish dishes are served (scallops, cod, lobster) in the traditional style. There is nothing on the menu that makes me go "Wow, that sounds really good". Surprisingly the buffalo tenders appetizer is quite good. If you come during the summer, you're sure to find crowds no matter the day, so think about making a reservation.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

im from michigan, ive had better seafood here. scallops were very good, cod was overcooked and flaky though. atmosphere was pleasant, laid back, friendly service. valet parking was nice because it got busy soon after we got there. i probably would not be back though. prices were reasonable.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We ate here this past weekend on our first day in town. Fish sandwich was great. I wanted one of the summer drink specials but they had ran out. Kids were happy with their chicken fingers. This place is not on the water but an option nearby. Clean and good parking. Better than the other sister restaurant across town with the same name.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. Have a beach house walking distance. Good food. Loud atmosphere. I avoid in summer but I love it in off season.