“great food”

Ranked #30 of 98 Restaurants in Dennis
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Haven't been over to the Cape in a couple of years and was looking forward to going to Clancy's. Clancy's is now Chapin's and it was just as delicious!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

The restaurant is packed. Not air conditioned. Lots of outside dining. The main items on the menu are fried. We don't eat fried foods generally, so can't say how they were. Obviously, the Fish and Chips looked good. I had stripped bass served by an unfriendly waitress. I do admit the fish was well cooked and quite excellent. There were no rolls, bread or butter offered with my dinner and I had to order a side salad. The other items ordered were also good. Service was average and by getting there around 5PM, we were seated immediately. Leaving at 6:30, we noticed lots of people waiting and the house was packed. Near the bar, there is free popcorn.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

My family and I were vacationing in Brewster and this restaurant was recommend to us by a couple of different people and they did not disappoint. We were a group of 10 with 4 kids under the age of 7 and that can sometimes be difficult. The service was quick and the food was out of this world. We had everything from steak tips, lobster ravioli, swordfish and you have to try the raw oysters....We will definitely be back on our next trip to the Cape

Reviewed August 6, 2011

I recently visited Chapins in Dennis MA while on vacation with my wife. We were told that the wait was about 30 minutes. We waited an hour and fifteen minutes while we watched large parties who came in much later than us get called or if you were friends of the staff that entitled you to get priority seating. When I complained that others that came in after us were getting seated, the the friendly hostess turned unfriendly and replied that they have to seat large parties first. When I commented that the 30 minute wait was now 75 minutes plus, she said that 30 minutes was only a guess. In other words, we don't know you, shut up and wait. After getting seated it took another 15 minutes before a waitress came over. After all that frustration, the blood pressure was high and the food was mediocre.

3  Thank Luca66_43
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Went to Chapin's and sat at the bar for drinks and dinner. The fried green beans with wasabi sauce were a great way to start the meal! The Cobb salad (with lobster, shrimp and chicken) was enjoyed by my husband, and I had the portobello mushroom sandwich. Very flavorful and huge (took 1/2 home). Will return asap!