“Good Fried Clams” 4 of 5 bubbles

Captain Frosty's Fish & Chips
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Carver, Massachusetts
“Good Fried Clams”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

We go to Captain Frosty's every summer. The fried clams are very good as are the french fries and onion rings. Casual dining nothing fancy. Good place to go with the kids. Soft serve ice cream is very good also. I enjoy the coffee soft serve ice cream with chocolate dip. You cannot go wrong with anything on the menue all is good food and fresh.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tenniscourtman

Tolland, Connecticut
“Excellent fried clams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2008

Excellent fried clams, in light batter. $12.95 for a portion equivalent to a medium order of fries at McDonald's, but worth it! Fried clams are a lifelong favorite of mine, from many trips to Maine and Rhode Island, and these are good ones. They have the bellies - they are not clam strips- and are very flavorful.

1 Thank lovesgreen
yarmouthport, ma
“Lobster roll is all lettuce with a hint of lobster -- snippy service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

Lobster roll was loaded with chopped lettuce, with a shredded lone tablespoon of lobster meat on top. . .

The lobster roll "plate" was also missing the rice and crab cakes I'd paid extra for, and the snippy teenage girl at the counter told me they were "all out". . . but wouldn't refund the additional cost of the "plate." I made it out to my car before I opened the bag to discover I hadn't gotten half of what I'd paid for; the girl had given me fries instead -- five of them! Rock-hard, and rattling around.

We've been coming here for years, live a mile away, and we'll never go back. Horrible

2 Thank egarkon
New Englnad
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2007

A friend told us about this roadside fish & chips restaurant so we decided to drive out to Dennis to give it a try. We went there on a Friday afternoon and it was packed despite getting there on the later side of lunch time, so we had high hopes for the place. However, upon sampling their fish & chips, fried clams and lobster roll, we were quite disappointed. It was just "okay"--we've certainly had better (and cheaper) fish & chips elsewhere in the New England area. We also found the portions to be on the smaller side (and we're not huge eaters) so no wonder people were ordering lots of extra side orders! Service wasn't so great either. It took them over 30 minutes to bring our order and if everyone else was waiting like we were, that would've been fine but people who came in way after us were being served their food (and their orders were much bigger than ours) so I think they somehow forgot about us.
I think this place is overrated. We'll never go there again.

1 Thank kuf
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great roadside seafood shack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2006

I've been visiting the Cape for years, staying in Brewster off of Route 6A. I've passed by Captain Frosty's many times, and it always looked appealing, but I didn't stop finally until this year, on September 7, 2006. My wife and I tried to get into another restaurant over on Route 28, but found that we'd have a 45-minute wait! So we headed back to our cottage, and on the spur of the moment, I suggested Captain Frosty's, which she agreed to, since she had never been there either. We got there and there were a few open tables in the restaurant, so we had no wait. We put in our order ... I had a lobster roll, and she had a scallop platter, and we were both satisfied. Though the servers were all Eastern European, the service was fine, and if anything, our biggest regret that we were both too stuffed to enjoy some soft-serve ice cream afterwards! It's just a nice, simple little place, looks like it was a Dairy Queen or something like that in a previous incarnation. Very casual, but the food was an above-average quality, and the place had a charm to it that embodies Cape Cod.

2 Thank Redbeard1969