“Fish and Chips”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Drive in with good food and value. We had fish and chips one day and lobster roll another. You can add clam cakes and slaw for a couple of $; wise choice. Based on the continuous line of people ordering food, it is a great place for lunch.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Year in and year out Captain Frosty's Fish and Chips has excellent seafood in a casual, comfortable restaurant. Many people use the take out service, but we love to stay and eat at Captain Frosty's. We visit from California and can't wait to go to Captain Frosty's. We don't have place like this back home. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. You will enjoy Captain Frosty's.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was visiting family and we always make a trip to captain frosty's. My family go there all the time. This time, We preordered over $150 of food. When we got the food we tried to make sure we had everything in the order but it was difficult since everything was individually packed in brown bags...so sure enough when we got home we realized a fish kids meal was missing. We called and was told to bring everything back which was impossible as everything was laid out and the kids started eating. We went out of our way to get the missing meal and was surprised when the girl asked to see the bag of food. When she realized we did not have it the girl went back to the kitchen and it was clear that there was doubt about the sincerity of my situation. If I was seriously trying to lie about not getting something i would have chosen the most expensive item which was $23! I did not spend $150 to cheat the restaurant of $6.49!!! So instead of getting an apology for not packing everything they made us wait, we were clearly not a priority. When we finally got the meal, the fish portion was smaller...part of the fish was peeled off...at that point, my family was home waiting so I didn't even bother to complain...too much time was wasted away from our family gathering already. While i understand that the restaurant may have encountered dishonest people before, i really believe every situation needs to be considered individually. The girl was nothing but friendly and just doing her job... But management should have handled the situation better. I was treated like a criminal after spending so much money...and over 6.49! Perhaps the brown bags can be labelled to easily identify items in large orders or the orders can be packed in front of the customers....we arrived early to pickup. The experience ruined our dinner!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have been going to Captain Frosty’s for years – always loved it. I was concerned after reading a few average reviews, but returned and had my usual great meal.

They have some of the very best fried seafood on the cape, all at a very good value. For those who have not been there – it is not a fancy place, and it can be crowded. You wait in line (always) to place your order, they give you a number and the wait staff brings you your food and drinks. They come out hot and ready to eat, so occasionally your table will not get all the food at once, much better that than keeping some of the dishes under the heat lamps. I am partial to the Fisherman’s Platter (cod, scallops, whole belly clams, shrimp, fries, clam fritters and coleslaw) it is great, but it is a lot of food – the fish and chips plate uses cod, is reasonably priced and is a normal amount of food.

They also have an ice cream stand – but I am always too full to try it!

1  Thank EWZ
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Once a year on vacation I give in to the temptation for fried whole clams and this is our go-to place on the Cape. It's got everything going for it---outstanding food, the lowest prices around, a great team of young people who serve you with a smile and a nice, casual outdoor patio for dining. There is usually a line, but it moves fairly quickly. Hate rubbery frozen fries, but their crisp, fresh french fries are so good I will actually eat them. Love the lobster rolls, too. Don't waste your time trying other clam shacks. Captain Frosty's is the bomb!