“A Classic”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dennis, Massachusetts
“A Classic”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We live nearby and wait for opening day. There are broiled options. The kids' fish and chips is huge. Don't miss the clamcakes. Call ahead, skip the huge line, and then eat there.

Visited August 2013

South Windsor, Connecticut
“Excellent seafood, but Capt Pokey's!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped here after Mayflower Beach for some take-out on the way home. We have 3 young children, so my wife stayed in the car with them while I went in to pick up some food. There were 4 people in front of me in line, so I didn't think it would be a big deal. My wife genuinely thought that I sat down in the restaurant to enjoy a nice quiet meal by myself because I didn't come out with our food for 40 minutes. Needless to say, she wasn't very happy lol I ordered the clam cake and chowder combo and the cod bites. The food was actually very good, the wait was not. Everybody working at the front counter was incredibly friendly. I enjoyed the meal, as did my children.

• Visited July 2013
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Always a good choice!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have been going to the Cape for years and have always enjoyed this restaurant. Very casual and offers MANY fish dishes including fish and chips, clam chowder to broiled fish. Lots of choices for everyone including kids! Grab an ice cream after your meal...great custard and frozen yogurt.

• Visited July 2013
Northampton
“After beach dinner stop”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

On our last day at the beach we stopped in to eat. We were fresh off the beach, sand on our feet, but this is just the place you can arrive that way. Nice menu if seafood options-- order at the counter and then your beverages are brought to your table while you wait for dinner. Eat in their screened in dining area or eat outside. Restaurant is clean. I tried the lobster roll-- very good! The clam cakes that come with some of the platters are excellent. Reasonable kids menu. The kids wanted ice cream after dinner so we did the entire Captain Frosty's experience. I would eat here again. Staff is very friendly.

• Visited August 2013
San Clemente, California
“unlikely treasure!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

this place looks like an odd spot to find anything decent to eat, but we stopped here for ice cream, and ended up having a divine seafood extravaganza of a lunch -- YUM!

Visited July 2013