“Mama Mia”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was not the best meal I have ever had but it was the best Italian meal I have had on the Cape. I had eggplant rotini, sort of a vertical lasagna made with eggplant instead of noodles. It was perfect!. The eggplant was done to perfection, the ricotta filling was delicious and the sauce was very good. I have eaten here before and had the same result. Great food. In contrast to the other reviews, there were four of us and our service was quite good. The others had gnocchi and potato crusted haddock and all reported that theirs was very good. This is my second time there and I will definitely return.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Three of us were seated promptly last night, and our waitress arrived and took our drink orders. While she was gone, we overheard another waitress recite the specials for the night. When our waitress returned, she made no mention of specials, but when I asked, she told us what they were. We shared an order of crab cakes and roasted stuffed portabello mushrooms for appetizers. The mushrooms were delicious, but the crab cakes weren't a little salty, they were VERY salty, hard to tell how they would have been if seasoned normally. Meanwhile, we noticed that our waitress seemed to be the bartender also, as she spent quite a bit of time mixing drinks and pouring wine behind the bar. The dinner arrived and we all enjoyed our choices - chicken walnut ravioli, potato crusted haddock, and day boat scallops over parmesan risotto. As we finished our entrees, our plates were cleared promptly. Eventually the waitress came back and asked if we would like dessert and we said we'd take a look at the menu. Off she went, and we assumed she went to get the dessert menus. Back she went behind the bar and about another 5 - 7 minutes went by before she came back. When she returned, she asked "have you made a dessert decision?". I piped up and said "you never brought the menus"! She kind of backpedalled and started to recite them to us, saying "well, I'll tell you the menu", in a little aggravated tone. We did chose one to share, tiramisu, which was good. We did notice about 3 people cruising about the dining room, who looked to be the people who ran the restaurant, but they didn't speak to anyone, or ask if we needed anything. I did notice other waitresses who seemed to be giving better service, so I think it is possible to get better service there. The mystery was the bar situation because there are 8 seats there, and to expect a waitress to serve them, plus the regular tables, makes no sense. Our waitress could have planned her trips around the dining room better, though. I would consider returning, if I was looking to dine in that area, because the food was good.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Not one thing was right. This is the third restaurant I've tried in this space. From the cheesy pieces of wheat glued to the wall to the surly staff, it was a bad and expensive experience. I was served expensive white wine warm with ice cubes. The bar tender scooped fruit with bare hands and put it in guests glasses. I sent my food back because it was raw and waited 20 minutes for it to come back, by that time I didn't want it. I asked who the owner was and the hostess did not know. My son was ill after eating squid before we even left the restaurant. I'm a local and I would never suggest this place.

2  Thank ParistoCapeCod
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Yummy Seafood and Pasta with Gorgonzola Sauce was amazing. The Service was good, and the people were pleasant.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Since we had enjoyed Blue Moon and were disappointed it had closed, we wanted to try the new restaurant in the same location. A $10 off coupon in the local paper got us there on a Sunday evening. Because of its location very near the Playhouse, we are sure it will get a lot busier in the next few weeks but it was half empty tonight. The wines by the glass were a nice pour. We shared an appetizer special, veal carpaccio which was good but not what we expected (eg not paper thin and cooked slightly on the outside). I had veal saltimboca and my husband veal picata with lobster. Mine was with yummy roasted potatoes and his was with "house made" fettuccini. The cappuccino was delish...hard to find on the Cape. Would not drive out of my way to get there, but if in the area, we would return! The wait staff were good, too.

1  Thank sallywe