“Lovely new restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Orleans, Massachusetts
“Lovely new restaurant”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I ate at the new Pecorino Romano on 6A. We really enjoyed the entire dinner. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu, and had a nice friendly way about her. We started with the clams pecorino which were delicious and just the right amount of garlic. Then we shared a beet salad with goat cheese and a tasty white balsamic dressing. I had the Veal Tuscany, which was divine and the most tender veal I ever had. My husband had the Pescatore a type of seafood stew, to die for. His portion was huge, and we were served fresh bread hot out of the oven with a yummy dipping oil. For dessert we shared the cannoli & cheesecake. Both were homemade and delicious. We can't wait to go back & try some of the other items on the menu. Nice to see a new Italian restaurant on the North side of the Cape!

1 Thank Foodiefan56

Hingham, Massachusetts
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I have tried many restaurants on and off Cape. We were both pleasantly surprised when we stumbled across Pecorino Romano, the food and service rival that of the North End. My wife started with a spinach salad and moved on to clams Florentine both excellent. I was fortunate to get a couple of bites of my wifes salad. My entre of veal Portofino was the most tender and flavorfull I have ever tasted. We will definitely be back soon to visit with our new friend, T.J. This place is a must try!

2 Thank johanne c
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Musty”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We tried this new place and as soon as we went in the door you are hit with a musty smell there was only one other couple in the place and they sent the food back but we still thought we would give it a try we ordered drinks and she brought out oil and bread no flavor to the oil needless to say the bread wasn't warm oh well ext we tried the mussels no sauce and they had a smokey flavor on to the salad not bad next was shrimp scampi well that was in a orange?? Watery broth need we say more

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Wanted to like it more.....”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have been trying to dine at
some of the newer restaurants in the area and decided to try Pecorino Romano.

We looked at their web site and reviewed their menu. They have an on line reservation system which was convenient. For a Saturday night, it was busy but there was no one waiting.
Our waiter was attentive and
informative.

We tried the beet salad special. Portion was good but plain. Small chunks of mozzarella cheese were tasty but goat or feta would have added to it, as would a few nuts. I had the grilled salmon special. It was cooked nicely and served with balsami rice, spinach, mushrooms and a few kalamata olives. My husband had the Fruta De Pescatore. Housemade linguini was good, decent amt of seafood. It included a half grilled lobster tail that was tasty but slightly overlooked. A saffron tomato sauce was good but bland. For dessert we shared a panna cotta. It was very good. All in all, a good meal but not sure if it was memorable enough to warrant a
return visit.

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Delicious sauce and house-made pasta”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The bread is served warm, the flavored oil is amazing, the mussels were very different, but great, and the veal Parm disappeared from my plate in record time. My husband enjoyed an authentic- looking cannoli for dessert. I was not wild about the New Zealand Sauvignon blanc, and I like most of them, but next time I will try a different wine. Hubby was happy with their Cabernet Sauvignon, and even the decaf was good, as was the service. We will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013