“Well Run Motel”

Starlight Lodge Cape Cod
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Dennis
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I've stayed at the Briarcliff every year for the past five years and have never had a bad experience. The owners are nice and professional and the rooms are clean and sufficient. Also, the owners know the Cape and have helped me plan my stay while giving good suggestions of things to do for me and my family. I read one of the reviews and trust me, these are good people. The pool is clean, the location is great, and the help does a good job cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank danno711

Reviewed July 9, 2008

Our family had a wonderful stay at this very quaint hotel. The management were very friendly, and the staff took care of any need. The rooms were clean, and the proximity to the beach and other cape cod attractions made our trip very enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed November 23, 2007

We stayed at this motel while attending a wedding in Dennis in June 2007, but regret it ever since. I wish we had pitched a tent at a camp
ground instead. The rooms (we changed rooms twice) were all really disgusting: definitely not clean, smelled musty, bugs and spiders in the sheets. On top of that, the cleaning staff stole my watch that I had left in the room during the day, and when I reported this to the management, they were dismissive and kept insisting that I had misplaced it. Now I wish I would've filed a police report.I have stayed at many small motels all over Cape Cod and know not to expect 5 star services, but this place was by far the absolute worst I have ever experienced. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place!

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank bjoralt
Briarcliffe, Owner at Starlight Lodge Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2008

As owners of the Briarcliffe Motel we would take any complaint of stealing very seriously and investigate completly. We are surprised to find the guest's version of our two hour search of the room, dirty linens, trash cans and surrounding area, "dismisive". During our eight year ownership we had not recieved any complaints of stealing so we feel confident that perhaps the watch had been misplaced.

In defense of the size of our rooms we can only say that yes, our rooms are small. The rooms were built over fifty years ago when expectations were not for a large room. Alterations to the size of the rooms has been considered but would raise the rates significantly. After careful consideration and much research we found that guests preferred the lower rate due to the fact that they were "out of the room all day and were looking for an inexpensive place to sleep & shower".

Cleanliness is #1! We have been told by many that "the Briarcliffe is one of the cleanest motels they have been to." Cleanliness is subject to interpretation and we have found that sometimes and older building can be mislabled as unclean.

Bugs & spiders on the sheets is totally unacceptable and has never before been brought to our attention. We only wish that the guest would have mentioned this so we could rectify the situation immediatly.

Reviewed August 14, 2007

The worst Motel on our NewEngland-Tour: Although the room was very small, the air-condition did not cool the room the room a little and was very loud. We could not sleep with that thing on or off. The room was very old. I definitly got better motels for 125 $ /night on a Thursday.

There is always the same rule: Don´t go to the tourist centres in high season. They charge you to much money for almost nothing.

• Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank KM66

If we were to receive two complaints about the volume of an air conditioner we would replace it immediately. We have yet to receive a second complaint on the one in reference.

Reviewed September 2, 2006

My stay at the Briarcliffe Motel was very pleasant. It is tucked back off 6A and very quiet. The grounds were immaculate and the pool was clean and felt refreshing after our days at the beach. The rooms were comfortable and spotless. Owners Julie and Ken were friendly and helpful. The location on rte 6A is very close to all my favorite antique shops. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank patac
Reviewed July 5, 2006

I travel for work and am in Dennis 3-4 times during the season. I always stay at the Briarcliffe. It is clean, fairly quiet, and nicely landscaped. It's pretty basic without a lot of amenities, but are you in Cape Cod to spend time in your motel room? What makes the Briarcliffe a great place are the propieters, Ken and Julie. They are the friendliest and most accomodating hosts I've ever encountered. From extra pillows for the bed to offering me a travel mug so I could take my coffee to work, Ken and Julie offer their guests the kind of personal attention you rarely get anywhere anymore.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Gilbert G
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed March 27, 2006

We enjoyed our stay at The Briarcliffe Motel. While it is basically a no frills place, it is very clean and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The location is great and the property is set back from the road with a well landscaped lawn and garden. There is a nice pool that the kids loved and great beaches are nearby. We would highly recommend the Briarcliffe to anyone looking to stay on the north side of the cape in the Dennis area.

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dennis
Bayside Resort Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Skaket Beach Motel
Skaket Beach Motel
#1 of 8 in Orleans

Been to Starlight Lodge Cape Cod? Share your experiences!