“Odd Couple”
Review of Cape Playhouse

Cape Playhouse
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the magic of live theatre in the country’s oldest professional summer theatre on beautiful Cape Cod! The Cape Playhouse in Dennis brings the Best of Broadway to Cape Cod each summer, featuring critically acclaimed actors of Broadway, television, and film. The Cape Playhouse also offers entertaining and educational Theater for Children. Tickets are available at the Box Office and online.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Terrific show.....Cape Playhouse always puts on quality productions ! Highly recommend ! Look for one of the stars to be playing Ralph Cramden on Broadway in 2015.....he will be perfect for the part !

1  Thank FrequentVacationer70

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I have been season ticket holders for over 20 years now and have enjoyed our cape cod summers, which have always included a lot of great musical productions at the cape cod playhouse. However, this year we are thoroughly disappointed to learn about the upcoming line-up of all plays. The main reason we went to the playhouse, amongst many other people, was to see the musicals. I will not be attending the cape cod playhouse this summer, as I am not wiling to waste my money on any of the listed shows. As stated in another review, there is a new producer and it's a shame he/she had to change the playhouse so much. I hope to see many more musicals next year, if not this year.

5  Thank Disappointedsara
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The best theater here. Great productions! Every seat in the house is OK for viewing. There is a balcony. Go online and see the layout before purchasing tickets. Cozy, old bldg. Everything I've ever seen here, I've thoroughly enjoyed! A little pricier than some of the other local theaters.
Productions usually are more elaborate. Nice grounds, refreshments available at intermission.
Treat yourself at least once a season! Enjoy!

2  Thank Johanna006
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family and I loved the historic playhouse. The venue is set amidst beautiful, tall trees; parking is easy and free; the atmosphere is inviting. We sat near the stage and enjoyed a birds-eye view of all of the dancing and singing. The seats are wooden benches...and a pad would add a lot of comfort! Overall, a very nice evening!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have spent at least a month every summer on Cape Cod and it would not be complete without getting tickets to the historic Cape Playhouse. "Hello Dolly" was fabulous this summer but "Radio Gals" was not (we left at intermission). There is plenty of free parking, tickets are reasonable and seating is good (bring a cushion for your back if you have a back problem-it is a hard wooden bench with a cushion on the seat only). As the manager says, two of the most important words in the English language are "Live Theater." If you are on the Cape, go support this great institution.