“Wonderful old-time playhouse.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cape Playhouse

Cape Playhouse
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the magic of live theatre in the country’s oldest professional summer theatre on beautiful Cape Cod! The Cape Playhouse in Dennis brings the Best of Broadway to Cape Cod each summer, featuring critically acclaimed actors of Broadway, television, and film. The Cape Playhouse also offers entertaining and educational Theater for Children. Tickets are available at the Box Office and online.
Boston
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Wonderful old-time playhouse.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family and I saw Hello Dolly at the Cape Playhouse – it was a great experience. Professional acting, with great acoustics.

This is an old-time playhouse (and it looks it in a nice rustic sort of way), it is not huge so all the seating is reasonably close to the stage. My only small negative is we were seated under the balcony (I was late to the getting tickets game) and although it is air conditioned there wasn’t much airflow and it was a tad hot (not unbearable), also they are bench type seats and I noticed the regulars brought cushions, not a bad idea.

This is a playhouse like they used to be, check out a play here – enjoy!

4 Thank EWZ

Plymouth, Massachusetts
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Radio Girls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

So good, what talent. Love this place as it has such histoty. Matinee on Sat. not crowded, one more week. This was a great show, highly recommend it.

2 Thank Mary M
Gainesville,Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Broadway in Ma.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Cape Playhouse is where Broadway summers, they say. We saw "Broadway with a Twist" which showcases great singers and dancers from So you think you can Dance, Dancing with the Stars, and American Idol. Met some of these talented kids after and they were so gracious and happy to be performing here. We saw Hello Dolly opening night that week as well. It was spectacular! I have seen many Broadway musicals and this one was one of the best. The Artistic Director is a real asset to the Playhouse! Beautiful historic grounds as well as the theatre, built in 1837. So worth it!

1 Thank whenaman
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great chance to see live professional theatre on the Cape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have been to every other part of the complex that makes up the Cape Cod Center for the Arts except here. On August 3, I went to see "Ballroom With A Twist" with Tristan MacManus and Anna Trebunskaya from Dancing with the Stars. We were up on the balcony and my only issue was the whole floor up there is "raked" (on a very steep slant) as opposed to a stepped rake. Hard to get to seats and when the audience participation began - learning to dance - it was very difficult for everyone upstairs to join in the fun.
Otherwise, it was a fun night and the theatre is very well maintained for its age and the view of the stage was good. Great history there.

Norwich, Connecticut
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“A GEM in Dennis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our first visit to the Dennis Play house. It is in a nice area and although, it is an older playhouse, it is sufficient and well maintained. I was surprised there were actual balcony seats. We took my 9 year old son to see the "GIZMO GUYS". It as a great show and very reasonable at around $10 or so. I wished I had gotten tickets for the day before .. magic show too. This is definitely a gem in Dennis.

Visited July 2013