“Great chance to see live professional theatre on the Cape”
Review of Cape Playhouse

Cape Playhouse
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the magic of live theatre in the country’s oldest professional summer theatre on beautiful Cape Cod! The Cape Playhouse in Dennis brings the Best of Broadway to Cape Cod each summer, featuring critically acclaimed actors of Broadway, television, and film. The Cape Playhouse also offers entertaining and educational Theater for Children. Tickets are available at the Box Office and online.
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great chance to see live professional theatre on the Cape”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have been to every other part of the complex that makes up the Cape Cod Center for the Arts except here. On August 3, I went to see "Ballroom With A Twist" with Tristan MacManus and Anna Trebunskaya from Dancing with the Stars. We were up on the balcony and my only issue was the whole floor up there is "raked" (on a very steep slant) as opposed to a stepped rake. Hard to get to seats and when the audience participation began - learning to dance - it was very difficult for everyone upstairs to join in the fun.
Otherwise, it was a fun night and the theatre is very well maintained for its age and the view of the stage was good. Great history there.

Visited August 2013

Norwich, Connecticut
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“A GEM in Dennis!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our first visit to the Dennis Play house. It is in a nice area and although, it is an older playhouse, it is sufficient and well maintained. I was surprised there were actual balcony seats. We took my 9 year old son to see the "GIZMO GUYS". It as a great show and very reasonable at around $10 or so. I wished I had gotten tickets for the day before .. magic show too. This is definitely a gem in Dennis.

2 Thank JULRUF
Dennis, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A fabulous gem in Dennis, MA”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My mother and I go every summer to the entire series of 6 plays for the season. We've seen 4 so far this summer and each one has been fun, entertaining, and engaging. The Cape Playhouse opened in 1924. Betty Davis was an usher when she was a young girl. Many famous stars got their beginning here. It is called "where Broadway goes in summer". Next week begins Hello Dolly and I can hardly wait. They also have children's plays on certain mornings. The inside looks like an old barn with exposed beams, a balcony, a small orchestra pit, and seats with unattached cushions, and straight backs. There are accommodations for wheelchairs and accessible entry and parking. Come early to enjoy looking at the photographs of stars who have performed there. There is often an intermission and you can get refreshments outside near the lovely gazebo, all lit up with white lights and vintage music. Don't miss this gem!

1 Thank Janice U
Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Sweet Charity Great .. Heat Intolerable”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I called the playhouse prior to our attending to find out if it was air conditioned. I was told it was. However, our seats were in the balcony where it was stifling hot. We witnessed people leaving. The seats are also uncomfortable. Performance was great.

Bristol, Connecticut
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Winning Performance!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We saw the play "Sweet Charity" and it was truly a great performance. Wish I hadn't waited so long to come to the playhouse. Didn't realize what great performances they put on. The actors and actresses rehearsed mostly in NYC and then had a short rehearsal in the playhouse before they opened. After the performance the cast came back and answered questions from the audience. The playhouse has air conditioning, which was wonderful on a warm humid day in July. Can't wait to come back next year when we will be vacationing on the Cape.