“yum”

Richardson's Candy Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Deerfield
Reviewed May 23, 2012

great for a gift to bring home. They have something for every distinctive palate.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

A nice small handmade chocolate factory and store. The chocolates had some misses but also some hits. Taste and likes and dislikes are so unique to each person I won't comment much on the chocolates. For me personally they were not my favorite small handmade chocolates - but then again I have had much worse. Some I actually liked very much - and some not soo much at all. Having said that next time I am in the area I would for sure go back and get some more of the hits for me and try some others again.
I love local shops just as this one is - still handmade and in business for decades.
The store is small with a view of the chocolate factory behind glass. We were there on a Saturday and saw them making up some chocolates. Can't say this was the most exciting - but still a unique view.
They also do sell fudge - but only had one kind available - that was disappointing - had nuts so I did not try it.
They also sell other some candies in bags - like licorice, gummy candy etc.
They also sell a local handmade ice cream - Herrells. I did not try it but have had it before - I didn't notice their prices but Herrells can be on the pricey side. If you have never had it it is worth a try though.
The chocolate pricing (Sept 2011 prices) ranged around 20-22/pound. I bought a half-lb box for around 10.50 and that was about 16 pieces of chocolate.
Also bought a few mousse truffles which were $0.75/piece. I liked the chocolates much better than the truffle balls. Truffles were a miss for me - but they typically are not a taste I like anyway.
Parking is actually just parking along their semi-circle driveway.

Reviewed May 20, 2008

I have not come across many places like this, it is truly a unique spot. They make their chocolates fresh everyday so no need to worry about getting stale stuff that was shipped in from elsewhere. I always have a hard time picking what to get because they have so many options that appeal to everyone. They also offer sugar free options that taste just as good as the sugar filled duplicates. I highly recommend everyone stop here at least once in their lives! I personally love their coconut cups, caramel filled chocolates and dipped strawberries.
They almost always have a sample set out for you to try as well. I will warn that they can get very crowded at times, but they usually have enough people working to keep the crowd moving at a decent rate.

1  Thank QueenB2411