“Deceiving exterior and location.”
Review of Brickhouse Cafe

Brickhouse Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Brickhouse Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Despite the insistence from those in the know that Brickhouse Cafe was a hidden gem, I kept thinking it was probably just an overrated red sauce kitchen. I stand corrected. Now I understand why it has such dedicated regulars ranging from foodies to people who eat out only once every few months. Yes, the dishes are Italian staples -- parmagiana dishes, arincin, antipasto, frutti di mare, etc. -- but alive with flavors, very fresh, and exceptionally well-prepared. It's a place you're excited to take friends, particularly because its nondescript facade is so deceiving. Our service (both times since we've added it to our repetoire) has been attentive and friendly. The various boxing memorabilia on the walls (from the owners days as a professional boxer) give the place a very personal touch.

3  Thank PLaurino

Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is a great local restaurant. The food tastes like you are in the North End. We have never had a dish there we didn't like.

1  Thank adventurerelax
Reviewed January 24, 2012

My family and I go out to eat often. This is our favorite place. I have had veal parmagiana all over the world and there is none better than here. The atmosphere is cozy and relaxed. The staff is very experienced and attentive.

1  Thank Gregory L
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I am a big fan of the Brickhouse Cafe in Dedham. Its interior feels like a restaurant in the North End and the food is equally as delicious. I've had wonderful, flavorful low-cal Haddock San Marco, as well as Italian specialties like stuffed eggplant appetizer and a variety of pasta dishes. Although I haven't yet had it myself, their pizza looks awesome.

You can choose from an area of bar seating or an area of regular table seating. The waitstaff has always been helpful and efficient. Why go to a chain restaurant when you can get this type of food for almost the same price??? Try the Brickhouse Cafe...you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank DocGirl13
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Went to the Brickhouse Cafe in Dedham, MA on the MLK holiday. The place is adorable inside and out: the exterior with its pitched roof and tasteful exterior lighting and the interior, though fairly compact, was inviting and cozy without feeling cramped. Upon entering, we noticed the bar section was separate and to the left of the dining room, which is where we dined. Noticing only one small 1 or 2-person table, the two of us immediately requested to be seated at a larger table, since those tiny tables are only good enough for a couple enjoying beverages or maybe dessert. We were then seated at a 4-person table, which was very comfortable.

We shared a plentiful and delicious spinach salad which arrived on an attractive white, curved triangular plate. That presentation impressed me! Their home-made 'Vidalia onion' dressing, ordered on the side, was scrumptious. Tasted to me more like a light, citrusy sweet/sour poppy seed type dressing reminiscent of the Riviera dressing I had years ago. I would have bought some on the spot if they had it bottled for retail. But no such luck. I lose.

Portions were quite substantial; enough to take home for seconds the next day. My friend had a mixed grille special which was yummy (always have friends who allow you to taste their food): steak tips; baby-back ribs; chicken parm. I had a perfectly grilled piece of salmon filet (of which my friend enjoyed her taste, of course). We did not have dessert there, since we had planned on having it at my house later on, so I cannot comment on that except that I believe there were only a couple of choices listed. But the coffee was rich and delicious! I must have had at least two refills!!

I must stress how attentive, friendly and warm the wait staff was! I would extend a particular compliment to our server, but I don't remember her name. Sorry! We had a great experience in a very welcoming and homey atmosphere, will plan to return, and highly recommend the Brickhouse Cafe.

I had read positive reviews on TA and also on the Phantom Gourmet site. Now I add my own! This place did not disappoint!

1  Thank snw-bri