“Convenient, clean and comfortable”

Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Pleasant and helpful staff. Large, clean and comfortable bedroom. Very convenient for our needs. Some traffic noise but quieter rooms available if required. Good buffet style breakfast in the morning. All in all good value. Good for car touring excursions in the Boston Area. Also has free parking.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Charles S, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2015

Thank you for your review and kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your future stays with us as well.

Reviewed November 10, 2009

I rely on reading the reviews of others for helping me decide where to stay during my frequent business travels. In all fairness, I don’t contribute as many reviews as I should in return – but due to a recent exceptional stay, I offer the following very positive review for an exceptional experience: I stayed at the Residence Inn Boston Dedham for pretty much the entire summer+ during my work assignment in that area. I have to say that I could not have been more pleased with my stay. I travel regularly with my job and I know the difference - what is “acceptable” or “average” – and what is “above and beyond”, and the Residence Dedham is very much in the latter category! I have stayed in some very exclusive hotels, and also some very utilitarian hotels, and I feel that I know what to expect for a particular price point. I know a good value - and this hotel is a good value. The location is on the fringe of a small residential area and always felt off of the beaten path to me – though it is directly across a side street from a brand new major “lifestyle” center that has theaters, restaurants and every kind of store that one could ask for. The theaters are quite an (upscale) experience and you can eat dinner WHILE you watch a movie if you like. There are numerous other restaurants in the area with a couple great Thai restaurants (which happen to be one of my favorites). There is a very nice Italian Restaurant (Vinnie T’s), 2 buildings away from the hotel – which is easy. The rooms are all “suites” with full size refrigerators and also a microwave and a stovetop in every room. Some rooms have separate bedrooms from the main area – I preferred the one larger room with a separate desk. I found the rooms, and all common areas very clean. One side of the hotel is near an expressway, though there is a wooded “buffer” in between and they have double windows installed – I had no issues with noise or sleeping. I stayed on this side of the building my entire stay, and could have easily moved if I wanted. If you are a super light sleeper – you might ask for the other side. The breakfasts were WAY above the quality and selection that you normally find at your typical hotel breakfast buffet. They also serve a good snack every weekday, and I especially enjoyed the “Manager’s Reception” that that hosted every Wednesday evening). Not only did I enjoy the food and dessert – but also the hospitality was wonderful. There are quite a few regulars that get to know each other over time, and between the friendly interaction with them and also the hotel staff who were around to greet guests during this reception – Wednesday evenings at the hotel were something I always looked forward to. Parking was never a problem – and because a commuter train station is right down the street from the hotel (very walk able) (even toting a suitcase and laptop) – I was able to enjoy the great benefit of taking the train to South Station and then the Silver Line” directly to the airport – on the weekends that I choose to travel home for the weekend. Not only is it much cheaper than driving to the airport and parking – or taking a cab, it was a MUCH less stressful way to get to the airport (and get dropped off right at the terminal doors to boot)! I also often took advantage of the commuter train to jot off to South Station, and then walk to Chinatown, Fanieul Hall, Boston Commons, North End, and many other downtown places. This same train stops at Back Bay (the stop before South Station) (which is an are worth checking out). You can pay cash on the train – and do not have to have tickets in advance. The schedules are on-line, and area available (free) at South Station. I am not in the greatest physical shape – but I was able to walk to everything that I wanted to see – without taking a cab (Cambridge & the Harvard area were a bit of a walk – but I took my time). My wife and children joined me at the hotel for 7 days, and they were able to do all the Boston tourist things - while I was working during the day, by utilizing the easy train ride to Boston each day. The hotel has a pool, hot tub, and a decent workout room (though I didn’t use these facilities all that much). They have a couple of washers & dryers on the second floor – and I really liked that. They also have two public computers and printers – and free wireless. They have a small fenced basketball court, a public gas grill, and a couple of picnic tables at the rear of the building. If the aforementioned positive mention isn’t enough…. The GREATEST thing about my stay at this hotel was the PEOPLE. I want to thank the GM Jennifer, Gentiana, Tom, Maria, Cathleen, and the rest of the staff for their hospitality, and thank each of them - for their part in making my summer stay in Dedham a very nice one! I look forward to staying at the Residence Inn Dedham the next time I am in the Boston area. PAF - OHIO

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank pafulton

Thank you for taking the time to have shared your thoughts about your trip to our area. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and your trip as a whole. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Dedham, MA.

Reviewed July 1, 2009

I appreciated the fact that all the staff I dealt with were SO friendly; they really do try to make it feel like your home away from home. I got in late and mentioned that I was hoping to have chinese delivered to my room - the young lady at the front desk was extremely helpful in finding a place and making sure I got what I wanted. The small things make the biggest difference, really.

The rooms were sufficient; beds were comfy, but bathrooms were tiny and kitchen area was dated.

Only got to stay one night, but if I am back in this area I will probably stay here again; I think this is probably the roomiest space I can get in Dedham for the price, and I also like the fact that the sleeping area is separate from thr "living" area.

It is hard to find (there should be better signage) but that may also have been my taxi driver's inexperience with that area of Boston.

Overall, worth giving this place a stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for having shared your comments with us. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to serve you again in the future should you visit our area.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 4, 2009

I stayed in Residence Inn, Dedham during Jul-Aug 2008 for 3 weeks on a business trip. I found the stay very comfortable.

The complementary breakfast and evening snacks were very tasty and enjoyable.

In all, I really enjoyed my stay and trip and would like to stay once again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed February 13, 2009

Ok I frequent the boston area about 3-4 days a week for the last 18 months. I have stayed at alot of the Hotels in the boston area. This facility is tops. Clean rooms, great service, the staff goes beyound just doing their job. From the front desk staff to the mangers , cooks, maintence personel,Where can you go and come out of the hotel in the morning after a snow storm all night and have them cleaning the snow off your vehicle. Thats a fact. I feel very comfortable there they all make you feel like your almost home. I can't wait to see the new galley open. I rate this a 5 5 being the best......................................

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in your future travels.

Reviewed April 12, 2008

Comfortable, breakfast every morning, friendly,helpful staff. Especially great for extended stays. Kitchenette, Queen bed and pull out couch, two TV's. Clean, new-ish building. Close to I-95.

Stayed: April 2008

Thank you for taking the time to share a review regarding our location. We are glad you had a good trip and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2008

The staff at this place will do all they can to get you what you need. We had to have the refrigerator and garbage disposal replaced in our one bedroom, but it was done very quickly and efficiently and without any attempt to save money and not do it. One of those things they don't know about until they're told, right? Maintenance also helped us connect an adaptor we bought to connect a game console and dvd player to the TV.
They are GREAT with kids, at least if you let them be (some people are really standoffish when it comes to their kids, but I prefer letting my kids befriend people they interact with), and all seemed to adore my two boys. They have become a second family during our long stay.
The rooms are spacious enough. The beds are comfortable, the suite's kitchen area is ample for prepping all kinds of meals, and they'll do what they can to provide random needs not regularly supplied. They have a daily meeting with housekeeping staff and discuss comments they've received, along with steps to improve on any complaints. They are very good at working with guests and keeping them happy, though they are obviously limited, as any place is, by schedules and job requirements (i.e. leaving the desk for a long period, opening the pool despite safety issues and serving breakfast past serving time aren't reasonable expectations).
They also do a great job of keeping walks and lots plowed and cleared of snow in the winter and even the management gets involved in whatever they need to do, no "better-than-that" attitudes about manual labor from them.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone coming to the area. It's convenient to a LOT of sights in the area, and not much farther from Providence Airport than Logan, with no toll to get there!! ;-)
A great choice for a place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and thoughts with us. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you had a good time during your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Charles Stoeckle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA

Been to Residence Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!