“Room OK - Food POOR!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Kennewick, Washington
“Room OK - Food POOR!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Checking in around 1930 was easy - and the lady most friendly and helpful regarding eating options. Room very small for a 1-bedroom, but OK. The bed - not so good - back problems started in the middle of the night and continued on. Food (remember breakfast comes with the room) - we went to eat at 0900 (the are open until 1000 on week-ends) - out of plates, knives, napkins, eggs, milk, bread, yogurt...you get the picture. The one person we did see was going nuts trying to cover all the bases. They are clearly understaffed. We sort of asked, but did not get the sense someone had not showed for their shift, thus if this is what is "normal" for a Saturday AM, management (and Marriott) need to take another look. There is very little space to sit, due to size of the "kitchen" extra food (and other supplies) are stored down the hall. I'd guess if the health department showed up while we were there they would have found many violations. Probably the poorest overall experience we've had at a Residence Inn anywhere. Know what you are getting if what we experienced is any example.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are truly sorry for your experience during our breakfast the other morning. I assure you the situation was far below our normal bar for exceeding guest expectations. We have remedied the temporary situation and appreciate your feedback. We hope you will stay with us again and give us the opportunity to be the very best Residence Inn you have had stayed with. Please let us know when you are in the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ajijic, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have only been here for a little over a week, and still have 6 more to go. But the team makes you feel very welcome, as they try to remember your name, and are always willing to let me talk and even pretend to listen. ;) Kathy, the chef, happens to be extraordinary. She goes out of her way to make sure that guests with special dietary needs are taken care of. Even my wife doesn't do that. A great place to be if you have to be away from home.

Too many people to give a shout-out, but it includes Melissa, Jessica, Kimi, Alyssa (just like my granddaughter), Kathy, and the room attendant whose name I cannot spell and it begins with an "M."

Room Tip: I like the rooms with the separate bedroom door to keep it a little quieter. But the studios are big...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review and the kind words about the staff. They will be thrilled to hear they were mentioned and really appreciate the recognition. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area!
Wilmington Island, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I took my wife to Boston for Valentines Day and decided to stay at the Marriott Residence Inn Dedham. What a great surprise! The hotel is located right next to an upscale shopping center called Legacy Place so I made reservations at a French restaurant called Aquitane. Great service and wonder modern French cuisine - if you like French food - this is the place! Guest room was a suite. Clean and well equipped. We only stayed the weekend but plan on going back for a longer stay and going into Boston as the hotel has Free parking and is located right on public transit. Loved the free buffet breakfast as well!

Room Tip: The rooms are amazingly quiet and extremely clean. The desk staff was very accommodating and allowe...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for the kind words! Glad to hear your special weekend went well and that you enjoyed Aquitaine. There are many great restaurants at Legacy Place which is located right across the street. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Castle Rock, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This is an older hotel.....clean but showing its age. It's currently fully non-smoking, but smoke from years before has seeped into everything. The desk staff are mostly pleasant, but have no clue what they're doing if there's no manager around. All in all, OK for a quick stay, but not up to business standards.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your comments. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Although Marriott Hotels are 100% non-smoking, we do have "violators" from time to time but make every effort to remedy the situation in a timely manner. I hope you were able to bring your concerns regarding staff training to a manager's attention. If not, we would like to hear from you to discuss your concerns so we can focus on the areas of need. Our goal is to make sure our entire staff can provide a high level of service for our valued guests. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Hotel is conveniently located off of 95 and 93. I've been here for 3 weeks and really have very few complaints. Rooms are clean and roomy enough for a family to stay for a nice weekend. The heating and cooling system is annoying and loud. I can't say much about the breakfast as I leave for work too early. The staff at the front desk are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. My one major complaint is the pool being closed for the last two weeks. I asked why it's been closed until further notice only to get a reply of " we aren't sure when it's going to open again ". If you intend on staying here with children, ask if the pool is open. My family comes here on occasion and my children would love to swim. Other than these small inconveniences, you won't be disappointed. I've stayed at other Residence Inn' s and would score this one a 7 out of 10.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate yoiur feedback! We are happy you enjoyed our hotel and our location. We are sorry our pool was closed for maintenance and repair during your stay. This is necessary to make sure the hotel is safe for all of our guests. We hope you will stay with us in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations!
East Fishkill, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I traveled to Boston with my family. It costed less and provided good stays for 3 nights.
- it has kitchen in room so I can warm milk and cook foods for my 1-year-old son
- it has nice free breakfirst
- it has awesome big pool indoors and jacuzzi near the pool
- friendly stuff

It does not provide crib or play&pack. I was a little disappointed. but I would still give 5 rating for a pleasant experience in Boston.

Room Tip: book earlier.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments and for staying with us! We always like to hear when our guests enjoy their stay so much. I'm sorry there was not a Pack & Play available on your recent visit, usually it is not a problem! Please give us a call in advance and we will reserve one for you. I hope you will be visiting the area again soon!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked rooms here for my 17 year old son and brother for my wedding in Oct 2013. These rooms are great with a separate bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. It's walking distance to Legacy Place - an awesome outdoor mall with great restaurants and shopping. I spent the night before my wedding in the room with my son and the bed was comfortable.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Great to hear you enjoyed our hotel and location. We agree, a lot of things to do right across the street at Legacy Place, and easy walk to the commuter rail to Boston. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
#1 of 4 in Dedham
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA

Been to Residence Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!