“Best Residence Inn I've stayed at...”

Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I took my wife to Boston for Valentines Day and decided to stay at the Marriott Residence Inn Dedham. What a great surprise! The hotel is located right next to an upscale shopping center called Legacy Place so I made reservations at a French restaurant called Aquitane. Great service and wonder modern French cuisine - if you like French food - this is the place! Guest room was a suite. Clean and well equipped. We only stayed the weekend but plan on going back for a longer stay and going into Boston as the hotel has Free parking and is located right on public transit. Loved the free buffet breakfast as well!

Room Tip: The rooms are amazingly quiet and extremely clean. The desk staff was very accommodating and allowe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for the kind words! Glad to hear your special weekend went well and that you enjoyed Aquitaine. There are many great restaurants at Legacy Place which is located right across the street. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is an older hotel.....clean but showing its age. It's currently fully non-smoking, but smoke from years before has seeped into everything. The desk staff are mostly pleasant, but have no clue what they're doing if there's no manager around. All in all, OK for a quick stay, but not up to business standards.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your comments. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Although Marriott Hotels are 100% non-smoking, we do have "violators" from time to time but make every effort to remedy the situation in a timely manner. I hope you were able to bring your concerns regarding staff training to a manager's attention. If not, we would like to hear from you to discuss your concerns so we can focus on the areas of need. Our goal is to make sure our entire staff can provide a high level of service for our valued guests. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Hotel is conveniently located off of 95 and 93. I've been here for 3 weeks and really have very few complaints. Rooms are clean and roomy enough for a family to stay for a nice weekend. The heating and cooling system is annoying and loud. I can't say much about the breakfast as I leave for work too early. The staff at the front desk are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. My one major complaint is the pool being closed for the last two weeks. I asked why it's been closed until further notice only to get a reply of " we aren't sure when it's going to open again ". If you intend on staying here with children, ask if the pool is open. My family comes here on occasion and my children would love to swim. Other than these small inconveniences, you won't be disappointed. I've stayed at other Residence Inn' s and would score this one a 7 out of 10.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate yoiur feedback! We are happy you enjoyed our hotel and our location. We are sorry our pool was closed for maintenance and repair during your stay. This is necessary to make sure the hotel is safe for all of our guests. We hope you will stay with us in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I traveled to Boston with my family. It costed less and provided good stays for 3 nights.
- it has kitchen in room so I can warm milk and cook foods for my 1-year-old son
- it has nice free breakfirst
- it has awesome big pool indoors and jacuzzi near the pool
- friendly stuff

It does not provide crib or play&pack. I was a little disappointed. but I would still give 5 rating for a pleasant experience in Boston.

Room Tip: book earlier.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments and for staying with us! We always like to hear when our guests enjoy their stay so much. I'm sorry there was not a Pack & Play available on your recent visit, usually it is not a problem! Please give us a call in advance and we will reserve one for you. I hope you will be visiting the area again soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I booked rooms here for my 17 year old son and brother for my wedding in Oct 2013. These rooms are great with a separate bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. It's walking distance to Legacy Place - an awesome outdoor mall with great restaurants and shopping. I spent the night before my wedding in the room with my son and the bed was comfortable.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Great to hear you enjoyed our hotel and location. We agree, a lot of things to do right across the street at Legacy Place, and easy walk to the commuter rail to Boston. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel is located next to the highway and features a lot of activities for its guests: Basketball court, Gym (a room with a TV and some cardio machines), an indoor pool, free dinner for all the guests during the weekdays, a totally OK breakfast, free coffee and cookies all out the day and a friendly staff. The hotel is located next to a large shopping area and with easy access to the highway. The rooms are like small apartments with a living room and bedroom, kitchen with fridge and even dish washing machine and bathroom with bathtub.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RobertoBlum
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for the review. We are happy you found many conveniences at our hotel and the surrounding area! Guests have easy access to Boston by car or Commuter Rail which is within walking distance. Legacy Place is located across the street with many shopping, restaurant and entertainment options. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family and I just stayed here for two nights and enjoyed the stay. We were in the area to check my daughter into her college for the fall semester. The hotel was clean, remodeled and quiet. Our room was a one bedroom suite with a queen bed, sofabed in the living area. The room was great. The lobby was modern and comfortable. One night we enjoyed a light meal. The breakfast on both mornings was decent - scrambled eggs, potatoes, waffle machine and other basics like cereal and yogurt, pastries, breads, etc. Hotel had indoor pool, small exercise room, and gave out complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa. The hotel also had complimentary cookies and some fruit. The hotel is located across the street from Legacy Place - a large outdoor mall with some restaurants and a large movie theater. You could catch the local rail to Boston from here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank steady
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for staying with us. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and visit to the area! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip out to visit your daughter at college!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Dedham/Westwood
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood

Been to Residence Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!