“What a change”

Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I travel to the Boston area 4 months a year. 5 years ago I cancelled my platinum membership because of this one hotel. I recently gave it another try, and wow! What a difference. Clean, great staff, great ovation now with legacy. The only downside was no shuttle service on Friday. It's a great place, worth the cost, and you'll get great service. Have spent four weeks out of the last 3months here. I average 250 hotel nights a year, this is great for family and business trips.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We are so glad you decided to return. We are under new management and ownership and recently renovated our guest suites, lobby area and Gatehouse. Legacy Place, which is located across the street, offers many things to do for entertainment in addition to many great restaurant options. Our location is perfect for any length of stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Boston/Dedham area!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I, as well as several members of my family, stayed here for a weekend. Hotel is close to restaurants and shopping (there is a mall within walking distance). Our room was clean (except for the open bottom shelf in the bathroom which apparently gets skipped as it was full of dust) and a pretty decent size. Apparently had been renovated recently. My only complaint would be the AC/heating system. The unit is stored in a locked closet located between the bedroom and living area portion of the room. It worked as a functional manner but was EXTREMELY loud. It was so loud that it kept me up the first night because of the cycling on and off (my husband slept through it but he could sleep through anything and I am a light sleeper). We complained the next morning and the customer service representative didn't seem surprised at our complaint (I got the sense she hears the same thing regularly). She was friendly, apologized and promised to send someone to look at it. We were out for the day but when we returned in the early afternoon she recognized us, remembered the issue and told us she would go up right then to fix. She said she changed the setting on the unit (in the locked closet) so that it did not cycle off and on. It worked as I was able to sleep soundly that night.

Side note, my parents and sister stayed in another unit and it also was clean and appeared to be recently renovated.

The unit also has a full size fridge, dishwasher and 2 burner stove. We found it helpful for storing drinks, food etc. Kitchen also contains flatware, etc so one could cook if they so desired.

There is a free breakfast that is pretty average in terms of hotel buffet breakfasts (but hey, its free). Includes standard fare such as fruit, cereal, make yourself waffles. Certainly should be sufficient for one to start his or her day as long as you are not expecting a Four Seasons brunch or gourmet fare. I had a waffle each morning and some home style potatoes and my hubby had the oatmeal. We found the food satisfactory.

All in all, I had a good stay here and would certainly stay again if returning to the area. In sum, clean hotel, close to shopping and dining, good size rooms and nice, friendly staff. One more thing, its about 20-30 minutes from the airport so also pretty convenient from that aspect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for the nice review and kind words about our staff and hotel. We are happy to hear the hotel was comfortable and we are excited that you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Spent a few nights (March 14) at residence inn with my teenage daughter. We were quite impressed by the accommodations. The staff especially Donna at the front desk was very professional, helpful and kind.The hotel is ideally located a few steps from legacy mall, a T station and the highway. We had a great time and look forward to visiting again in the summer

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our location! We agree, there are lots of things to do across the street at Legacy Place. The commuter rail to Boston is also within walking distance which makes our location very convenient for Boston activities as well. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

During vacation week I had a free night at a marriott which had to be used before march 1. The kids only cared about a place with a pool. We were upgraded to a two bedroom upon checkin. The room was upgraded with granite kitchen countertops and a spacious living space. The pool was a good size, the kids loved it. I thought it was cold.. Did not seem heated. Breakfast was ready at 6:10 when I went down to check it out since the kids woke me at 5:30. Overall it was as expected.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank workhplayh
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your review and glad you were able to put our pool to good use over the winter vacation! It is always nice to "get away" even if not very far from home. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am a Marriott Gold member, so I stay at Marriott a lot, and since I now have a child (2.5 YO), I use the Residence Inn brand because I like the kitchen and space. I booked this property for 4 days because I had to be out of my house for rennovations. It is not up to the same standards as many of the other Marriott Residence Inn's that I have stayed or Marriott's in general. The staff was very nice. I had to call for items (dishsoap and a frying pan) that for some reason did not get replenished/replaced in the room prior to our arrival. The room (2 bedroom suite) while clean shows wear. The lamp was tilted, bumps and scrapes the paint, etc. The heat makes ALOT of noise and actually woke my daughter up several times. Also the dishwasher is very loud and takes a long time to run. There is a kitchen, but, its a 2 burner hotplate, a microwave, a fridge and a toaster, there is no oven, and it is very small. The breakfast is the standard Residence inn breakfast and rotates slightly from day to day. I end up bringing food back to the room and recooking most of it to my taste, and making fresh eggs. I did use the pool with my daughter and it was fantastic. The location, near to Legacy Place is fantastic.. Legacy Place has a lot of great restaurants (some bad ones, see my WIcked review) and tons of interesting shops.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BenfromBoston
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while your house was being renovated. We agree, we are in a fantastic location for things to do during with Legacy Place across the street and walking distance to the commuter rail. The hotel went through total renovations in 2011, guest rooms, lobby and Gatehouse. I will definitely pass your comments along to our housekeeping and maintenance staff to make sure the suite is in perfect working order. We appreciate the feedback and hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I must admit, I have been somewhat disappointed with the cleanliness. The staff are wonderful, very nice and accommodating. Always want to try and make your stay great. The laundry room is filthy and the rooms although they appear to be clean they really are not. I had to provide my own cleaning products and perform my own housekeeping duties for my extended stay. 2 weeks without the toilet bowl being cleaned even once....unacceptable. Housekeeping will replace towels, empty trash, and make your bed...that is it. Anything above and beyond is the travelers responsibility. Sometimes one has no choice but to spend a month in a hotel but would rather not complain to the staff...they should just know better.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank kgen
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for the review and feedback. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations and hope you will return to give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next stay. It is very important to always notify the hotel during your stay if there are any problems or concerns so they can be addressed immediately. The quality and cleanliness of the hotel are very important to provide a comfortable stay for our current and future guests. We would like to hear from you to discuss this further if you would be so kind as to contact the hotel directly and ask for our General Manager. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that was caused.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed at many Marriott properties in the vicinity of the Residence Inn Boston: the Fairfield Inn in Dedham, the Courtyard in Norwood and the Residence Inn in Norwood. Because the latter was fully booked for the nights we needed at Christmas time, my husband and I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Dedham for the first time.

The rooms in the Dedham property are much smaller than those at the Norwood property. Although the guest rooms in Dedham appear to be recently remodeled, they do not have full kitchens: no oven and only two stove top burners, rather than four. The queen-size bed was not particularly comfortable, and the pillows were the high foam-filled variety, which left me with a sore neck upon arising. The exercise room is miniscule with no weights (one elliptical, two treadmills and a stationary bike). The property also backs right into Rte. 128: although the view was hardly scenic, our first floor room was surprisingly quiet.

If you're staying in the area and looking for a Residence Inn to book, I would recommend the Norwood Inn, which is only two miles away and does not have the above-mentioned shortcomings of the Dedham Inn.

The highlight of the stay was a manager/front desk clerk named Donna, who was extremely helpful and professional.
Inn.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CoolAZMom
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. Guest feedback is very helpful and we appreciate your comments! We hope you will stay with us again when the weather is a little warmer to take advantage of Legacy Place across the street and the commuter rail to Boston, both within walking distance from the hotel. Thank you for the kind words about Donna, she will be thrilled to hear she was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Dedham/Westwood

Been to Residence Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!