“Pop-Tart and Pubic Hair” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Boston Dedham

Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“Pop-Tart and Pubic Hair”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

This has to be the worst hotel stay I have had in a long time.
Myself and another colleague stayed here for a local training seminar. We both had our own rooms. After the first night there, my colleague told me that there was a half eaten Pop-Tart under his bathroom sink. He was disgusted by this, but said he was sure they would clean this while we were out at training for the day. When we arrived back that evening, the Pop-Tart was still there. Yuck! He said he wasn't going to touch it. I then went to my room and found that they had picked up all of the used towels, etc., but had left none in return. The waste baskets in the sink and the bathroom were also not emptied. I then emptied the waste baskets and had to go to the front desk to ask for more towels, etc. The next morning, my colleague said he hoped the Pop-Tart would finally be disposed of by the hotel staff.
Wondering just how clean this hotel really was, I peeled back the covers on my mattress and found human hair on the mattress cover (some was tiny and curly so I'm suspecting pubic hair). Ewwwww! I then wrote a note to the manager of the hotel outlining all of the issues. When I returned to my room at lunchtime, there was a $25 gift certificate to a local eatery left for my colleague in my room. My bed was made as well. Wanting to make sure they replaced the bed linens, I once again peeled back the bed coverings only to find the SAME hairs on the mattress cover. I then went to the front desk and spoke directly to the manager. He said he would take care of it. I returned to our training, gave the gift certificate to my colleague, and then told him that I again had found the same hair after the staff had made the bed. Ewwww once again! We then returned that night to find the Pop-Tart and the human hairs still there!! We marched down to the front desk and informed the staff as to what we found. They then FINALLY came down and removed the gross half eaten Pop-Tart, and FINALLY removed the bed linens and replaced with fresh linens (I hoped!). I should also mention that the manager said that they do not replace the mattress covers every day. Really?! That's the WRONG response to a customer that is complaining of cleanliness issues. I then wrote a lengthy email to the Operations Manager of the hotel. He did reply to me stating that the staff would be spoken to about the issues we encountered.
Our instructor at our training was also staying at this hotel. We asked him today what he thought of the hotel. He said he left used tissues on the table, and when he returned that night, they were still there. He also thought there were cleanliness issues.
Another issue: The hotel is very loud at times. We heard a lot of door slamming, etc. Our instructor said he stayed on the top floor, and all he could hear was the traffic from the highway. He said he would not be staying here again.
Neither will I!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Haybailer22
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
We are sorry to hear of your experience at our hotel. As we consistently receive favorable reviews on the hotel and service, we take your comments very seriously and are addressing your concerns and the areas where we fell short with our staff. I would like to hear from you personally to discuss your stay with us and how we might get another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your feedback and please accept our apologize for the inconvenience you were caused.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Show Low, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Boston to surprise my son during his Christmas break. We searched high and low for decently rated AND decently priced places in the Dedham/Needham area and found the Residence Inn which had a mix of reviews. Everything seemed to be over $100 per night, with tax and our discount it was almost $140/night. Upon checking in we were greeted by a pleasant front desk staff and a new guy who was in training. Poor guy was shaking! (Nothing like being new). But he was good.

The room was very pleasant and clean. Smelled clean. No major stains, appliances and kitchenette were nice, nice flat screen TV.

One bummer was the heater just didn't seem to warm the room quick enough. It blew cool air, about 75 degrees instead of good warm air that would warm the room quickly. So we wer cold for a while and it was always off after room service and it was COLD during our stay. Warmed up right after we left, doggoneit!

The hotel has a breakfast buffet with your standard fair, roll your own waffles and had scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereals and pastries. For a western boy, I did not like the gravy. But everything else was just fine.

We had a nice stay with no issues. Plenty of hot water, good room service each day. We will return to this hotel. But please... more heat in winter!

Room Tip: We were at the end of the hall and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John J
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm sure your son was thrilled with his Christmas surprise! I'm glad you will stay with us again on your next visit. We did have some very cold nights and am sorry to hear you felt the room temperature was not comfortable and hope you mentioned it to the Front Desk. I hope you will contact me directly before your return and we will make sure to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night, while visiting relatives nearby. We would not hesitate to stay again. It seemed that the staff was eager to please, especially the friendly desk clerk and the man taking care of the breakfast area. Our room was spotless and well cared for. The shower was hot and strong. The self-service breakfast was better than expected, with make-your-own waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, juices, etc. When we were there, it was not crowded, but I've seen breakfast areas in other hotels that were empty but messy. This one, like our guestroom, was neat and clean. The attendant was always nearby to clean up.

This hotel is hardly posh, but I simply got a good feeling about it, out of proportion to its modest pretensions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Thank you for the great review and kind words. I will pass your comments along to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for three weeks on business trip. Internet connectivity is good. Breakfast is not that great especially for Indians. You will have to survive mostly on bread/eggs and the rest of the stuff is not that tasty. Sound proofing is not good in the rooms as you can hear all sorts of noise coming from next rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We take pride in providing a comfortable stay and value added amenities. I'm sorry to hear you experienced noise from another room. I hope you will stay with us again when in the area and we will make sure your stay is quiet and restful. We always welcome suggestions on our full complimentary breakfast buffet. Please let us know how we can make it better and we will work to exceed your expectations!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

My family and I stay here everytime we visit my uncle who lives just up the road from the hotel. We love the service and cleanliness of the hotel, as well as the service. We will continue staying here everytime we stay in Dedham!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Rachelborwegen
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
We are glad you always enjoy your stay with us and the fact that you keep coming back proves it! I hope you liked our newly renovated Gatehouse and guest suites. Make sure you stop in to say hello on your next visit!
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

Excellent service from the initial booking until check-out. We had two, one-bedroom suites and stayed for 11 nights. I had both phone and email contact before arrival and was very pleased with the communication. During the whole stay we never encountered one rude person! 11 days is a very long time to go without encountering someone with an attitude. Our children were at the front desk on many occasions for shampoo, soap, basketballs or other equipment and every single time was met with a friendly person. We asked to use the breakfast room for a family dinner and the lady went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. The housekeepers were very friendly and always ready to clean your room if you needed it. The hotel was under renovation but we didn't hear any noise. We didn't have any problems while staying at this hotel and will definitely stay again in the spring.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank BOS2011
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you for the nice comments! Our staff will be very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our renovations have been totally completed now. I hope you will visit us again and see our beautiful new Gatehouse and lobby in addition to our newly renovated guest suites. We really do appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

I travel a lot for work and always appreciate a clean hotel. They keep this one clean. Suite was great with everything I needed. And the staff went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. Plus there is great shopping and restuarants across the street.

Will definately be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JCariano
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel! We are very excited about our newly renovated guest rooms and value your feedback. Legacy Place is located within walking distance from the hotel and we agree, great restaurants, shopping and entertainment. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
#1 of 4 in Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood

Been to Residence Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!