“Poor quality and always under "renovation". Skip this place and opt for any other around the area.”

Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This place looks like it would be decent on the outside but lets just say they have been remodeling the interior for the past 5 years and it is still not done. I am from the local area and had to stay here one night with family and was disgusted. Part of one whole side is being supposedly redone from the old 1970's look it has to who knows what. The rooms are small and dated, bathrooms are a closet and the beds are horribly uncomfortable, so much so you won't be able to walk the next day.

Inside smells run rampant throughout the lobby all the way to your room of both chlorine and old hotel odors. Plus this place has constant noise problems from people running in the halls at 1am to paper thin walls hearing everything from the room next store and inconsiderate guests. The staff couldn't care less and really looks like they would rather be somewhere else. With a few other better option down the street at the same or cheaper prices why stay in this place? Also the 1st floor restaurant Bamboo is average at best. Skip this place and opt for the Fairfield or Hilton two blocks away or the Sheraton 2 miles down the street in Norwood.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lip89
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear lip89,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I cannot believe the nitpicking, whiney reviews of this Holiday Inn. My stay there was very enjoyable. The staff was kind, professional, and courteous. The spacious room was immaculate and nicely decorated in pleasing harmonious colors. The bed was comfortable.and afforded an excellent night's sleep. The added bonuses included a room upgrade for no extra charge, free delectable home made cookies at the front desk, free apples, and lemon-infused water, and a delicious breakfast buffet. The attached restaurant Bamboo served outstanding oriental food and was not, as I anticipated, just your average Chinese takeout, but a charming restaurant with excellent service and well prepared and delicious offerings. Far from being outdated, the hotel appeared to be recently renovated. An excellent place to stay at an excellent price!.

Room Tip: Reserve a standard room and then ask what that means when you get there. That's how they upgrade...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CTNutmeg
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you kindly for your 5 star review! Your feedback is much appreciated, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a very large hotel but the staff was very friendly, personable, and accommodating. The hotel is clean and the guest rooms very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet had an abundance of fresh fruit and a variety of other foods.
The shuttle drivers were very courteous and attentive; I had to take several trips to the doctor's office and Logan express; the drivers were so very nice and patient.
There is also great restaurants, shopping, drugstores, and grocery right across the street.
Cannot beat this location and amenities!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank lamerunner
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The girl at the front desk with glasses was so dismissive and such a nasty attitude that I couldn't imagine how she is working the front desk of all places at a hotel. The guest before me was asking questions about the room and she did everything to brush him off and be dismissive. I asked her two questions and she didn't know the answers and she thought by saying she don't know then I would leave. So I told her to try to find out or get me someone who can help me.
This alone I know I will never return to that hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sesc021
HolidayInnDedham, Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear sesc021, Please accept my sincerest of apologies for your recent experience as a guest at the Holiday Inn Dedham. We appreciate your feedback and do take your comments very seriously. I assure you that the Front Desk team member who checked you in will be spoken to regarding the importance of service. We do hope we have the chance to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night a few weeks ago while in town for business. Even though I have a low rating of the hotel overall, I have to say that the front desk staff was phenomenal. Everyone I spoke with was friendly, helpful, went above and beyond - unfortunately their property is not so nice. The first room that I was put into had flies. Also saw a few ants in the bathroom. I requested a room switch, even though they were at capacity they were able to switch my room. The second room I was put into did not have flies but had these HORRIBLE and scary brown stains on the carpet. Not sure if they were burn marks or something more disgusting - had to put a towel down on the floor to avoid looking at them/ stepping on it. Room's heating system needs updating too - just blasts constant stream of hot air, not regulated at all. Bed was also terrible. So soft, woke up with back pain. The hotel is located in a convenient area - great restaurant across the parking lot, large shopping center with a Whole Foods and other restaurants across the street. However this hotel is in great need of some updating - and probably an exterminator.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking a moment to review our property, we appreciate your feedback and do take you comments very seriously. Let me fist apologize for your room issues. I assure you that the housekeeping department will be spoken to regarding these matters. I am so happy that the front desk however was accommodating to your needs, as we do always strive for 100% guest satisfaction from all of our guests.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We booked our reservations on line, like the rest of our family members, only to arrive and find that our family of four had to stay in a king room; when we booked two doubles! Try as I might, we were told that the hotel was overbooked and our room did have a sofa sleeper and they would have sheets, blankets, pillows and towels brought right up.
Two hours later, I called the front desk and again told they would be right up. Finally I actually stopped at the front desk when we returned from dinner around 9 PM after finding out that they had not been received; they came about an hour later; but without pillows.
The pool was okay, except we had to walk back out to the front desk to have someone bring towels.
the biggest complaint was that our matress must have been owned by a VERY OVERWEIGHT person, as my wife and I both rolled to the center! All night long, gravity pulled us to the center!

pay a few extra dollars and stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Burke55
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you kindly for taking a moment to review our property. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I assure you that the housekeeping department will be addressed in regards to the sheets, pillows, and blankets being late. Please know that we are working diligently to update and renovate our property and hope we have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a positive stay here. The location was great...easily accessible from the highway. Plenty of free parking. The King room we had was clean; the bed was VERY comfortable. All staff we came in contact with were very polite and helpful. Our Platinum status with IHG was rewarded with a verbal acknowledgement, a box of chocolate truffles, and, on REQUEST, a refrigerator sent to our room with the $10 per day fee waived.

The King room came with NO refrigerator or microwave nor was there free breakfast at the hotel. We solved the breakfast dilemma by eating in the buffet at the Whole Foods Store located across the street in Legacy Place shopping center. Be careful though....$8.99 a pound (they weigh the food) can add up quickly :-).

The only negatives I can think of involve the age of the building and the swimming pool. The building is older, which means things are a shop worn (carpets, etc.) The pool is indoors and smells VERY strongly of chlorine; I just couldn't make myself go in the pool because of this.

If you enjoy riding public transportation, the Mattapan Red Line is a 20 minute drive from the hotel. We used the "T" for our day in Boston by parking our car ($4) at the station and buying day passes ($11pp---good for subway, buses and some ferries) This is WAY less stressful than driving IN Boston and trying to find inexpensive parking.

Overall, a good stay with IHG points (15,000 points per night.)

Room Tip: We had room 233 (not in the tower---in one of the wings). We could access our car easily from this...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our property. We are both happy and proud that our staff was so accommodating to your needs, as we are always striving for 100% guest satisfaction here. I assure you we are working diligently to update our property by replacing the carpets, elevators, etc... We do hope we have the chance to serve you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Dedham/Westwood

Been to Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!