Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Turnersville, New Jersey
“Layout”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Overall, this hotel was nice. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The front desk and staff personnel were friendly and courteous. Didn't use the pool/spa facilities, nor the on site Chinese restaurant. The reason for the average rating was the layout of the place. In order to get to our room from the front desk you had to go all the way down one hall, turn left and go through two doors on the next hall, take the elevator to the second floor, then through four more doors down the hall to our room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Yoda1949,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service you have received during your stay. I apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite hotels. The staff are a really great. Most, have been here for several years, so you see time again. I have yet to use the pool, but it looks nice. The Bamboo has a nice lunch buffet. I stayed here last winter, when Boston got that 2 foot of snow. The hotel manager ( Tom) and staff far exceeded reasosonable expectations.

• Stayed October 2013
Washington DC
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Maybe not quite four out of five for the rating but this hotel is trying hard. It's an old building that shows some wear and tear but they have worked to upgrade. Check in took forever because a bunch of us came at once and of all the employees walking around, only one could apparently do check in. The room was clean and the furnishings and fixtures were new. Ironing board, decent TV, comfy beds, nice space, good linens, free Wifi, looked like a nice pool area, a free shuttle service for the immediate area. The room for improvement lies in the small things: I was starved upon arrival and wanted room service but couldn't figure out if they had any and nobody would answer the front desk. I leafed through the hotel info book and there were flyers for area restaurants that deliver. The flyers and hotel info book were kind of dirty and stained and worn which is a little gross. Finally, I found someone who worked at the hotel and asked if they have room service and they do use the Asian restaurant connected to the hotel. The delivery was quick and the food was quite decent, sort of a B-. I could not figure out the TV channels. There is a guide in the hotel info book but nothing matched the guide. Finally I saw a different TV guide of channels plastered flat under the glass top that the TV sat on. So in other words to change channels and browse, each time you'd have to go stand by the TV and crank your head and look at the glass and see what channels were which. Anyhow, these are mostly small touches. The overall hotel worked fine for my purposes and I think you'll find it comfy and adequate in an area that doesn't have all that many choices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mushroom1234
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Values Guest,
Thank you kindly for taking a moment to rate our property. We appreciate your feedback and do take your comments very seriously as we are always striving for 100% guest satisfaction here at our hotel. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay and hope that we have the chance to serve you again in the future!
Reviewed October 2, 2013

First let me say I didn't want to stay here I was on the Hilton website and I booked a room and my confirmation was here. I'm still confused about that. The hotel is flat out dingy. The service was barely ok and most importantly when I got home it had been apparent that I was bitten by bugs. And moreover I'm certain that those bugs traveled with me and now I have this problem at home.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank bajk22
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear bajk22,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Boston.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Dedham hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My experience with the Holiday Inn in Dedham has not been one I shall remember fondly. The room was very plush, except for the stains on the carpet and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was beautifully appointed, but small. Upon check-in, I was informed that the hotel does not provide breakfast, but I could pay for a breakfast buffet for $17,then the desk clerk sent me to a room already in use. Thankfully the present occupant wasn't there, so I had to shlep my stuff down the dingy elevator and loooooong hallway and back again to get another room. Next I find out that my cell phone doesn't work in this hotel. Great! This morning I will have to go to a local bagel shop for breakfast. One would think that for the outrageous price they charge for this hotel room, they would have breakfast included! Thank you very much Holiday Inn. This is my first stay at a Holiday inn, and my last.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking a moment to review our property. I would first like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while staying here, especially the mix-up with your room. I assure you this will be brought up to the front desk staff. We appreciate you comments and take them very seriously as we always strive for 100% guest satisfaction for all of our guests.
Meerbusch, Germany
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Something about the Holiday Inn in Dedham must be attractive - the hotel is often very full. I have stayed in this hotel many times as a base for visiting my family nearby.
Lets start with the good sides:
* a practical location, near the I-95 highway and close to a large shopping mall (Legacy Place)
* easy parking right in front of the hotel
* generally very friendly staff
* cookies at the front desk in the afternoon (if you are lucky)
* a restaurant integrated into the building (which we have not tried)
Here, however, some of the downsides:
* although somewhat modernized, the building makes an old, used impression
* the room size is OK, but only one person can fit in the bathroom
(we have always taken a 2 bed twin in the main building)
* the elevators were slow, and often the button pushed just went out by itself, with the consequence that the elevator just skipped us - several times
* the hotel is often quite full of groups. At times this adds to the general impression of being a sufficient, practical place to sleep, but not somewhere I would want to stay for relaxation.

Room Tip: We have been happy with the 2 bed twin rooms in the main tower of the building. The beds are both q...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank roadshow10
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you kindly for taking a moment to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and do take your comments seriously, as we always strive for 100% guest satisfaction. We do hope that you continue to come stay with us when visiting family in the area.
Dallas
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Good:
This holiday inn is decent. I notice that there was a big brand car rental in the lobby should you need it. The staff is very courteous. FREE INTERNET!!

BAD:
They charge you $10.00 if you want a refrigerator in your room and they don't have enough for the entire hotel. I wanted one and they didn't have enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ronjohnron
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay we are very fortunate to have AVIS/Budget in our lobby and complimentary WIFI for all of our guests.

I have taken note and will discuss the issue you had while you were here with my General Manager and Chief Engineer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 2 in Needham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA

Been to Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!