Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed July 16, 2013

As a platinum member, one expects to check into the hotel with no problem when you have a reservation. Here is what REALLY happened:

1. 9pm when I am a block away from check in, I get a call that my room has plumbing problems, so I have to stay 8 miles further from the office (which is a horrible congested roadway) at comfort inn, although the room will be covered. i am told to go directly there
2. 5 minutes later, they say, i have to stop by holiday inn first. as i told them i am already on the way to comfort inn, they said they will fax the reservation. they also assert that i can stay at comfort inn for 2 nights and get 2 free nights anywhere at holiday inn as a compensation for this horrific mistake of holiday inn.

the end of the story: no free stay anywhere (except at the same holiday inn for 1 night) but i am stuck at comfort inn which is another 30 minutes to commute to the office. no one called me during the day either as promised - the hotel manager played the game of "communicating through the front desk person" after i called them.

certainly will check it off my list of priority service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank lenusvyat
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I am so sorry for the issues you encountered even before you had the chance to stay at our hotel. I know that sometimes unforseen things may happen and we do our best to satisfy our guests.

I would like to invite you back to try us again for a complimentary night. When you would like to make reservations please contact me directly at asolomon@midlandhc.com

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family came to Boston for my fatherto have surgery. This stressful time was made do much easier by the nice and clean rooms, fabulous staff, free shuttle and wonderful attached restaurant. I can't say enough about our stay!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We at the Holiday Inn Dedham strive to give the best service to all of our guests. I am glad that we made your stressful time, easy for your family. I hope he is well, and hope you can come back and enjoy us again for a more leisure trip.

I have shared your review with our whole staff, thank you again!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our main reason for going to Boston was to see the Jimmy Buffett Concert in Mansfield.
The Holiday Inn in Dedham was a great mid-way point for us and the location served us well.
The Holiday Inn itself was ok....room was clean; bed was very comfortable but the service at the front desk was not pleasant. Three front desk people actually sighed when asked a question and everything NOT to answer our question - at one point I aked about where to find a coffee shop.
The pool looked nice although we did not use it.
We didn't pay a lot for our room (by Boston standards) and we got a great room.

Room Tip: our room was in the "wing" off the main building, this was handy as we could park our car...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gwen S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Gwen/Diddle,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is very pleasing to know that you found the bed comfortable and noticed the cleanliness of the room. However, I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience with the front desk staff. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as your comments will be forwarded to the management of the of the hotel and actions will be taken accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night for College graduation in May 2013. We arrived from CT late and found no food service inside or next door available at 930pm. The Bar next door called LAST CALL at 930pm, The rooms were fine. The Bathroom is too small and no counter space. The Breakfast was too expensive for cold food that was suppose to be hot. The only positive was the front desk and restaurant staff were very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Elaine B,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the restaurant services and the bathroom size. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I had an extended stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The weekly manager's reception, daily fresh cookies and tasty breakfast buffet made our stay especially pleasant. We received a number of upgrades and appreciated this so much. The location is great for major highways and shopping. The staff is what makes the hotel! Rooms and amenities are more than ample! We highly recommend this hotel if your plans include the Boson/Dedham area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDedham, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Ann S -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We too enjoy the weekly manager's reception so we can personally see and thank our guests for staying with us. The daily cookies indeed a tasty treat that everyone seems to love. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet - we are so lucky to have such a great chef on property that can make our breafast fresh each morning. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you come back to visit us again!

I loved sharing this review with our staff, they were delighted to hear it!

Thank you again!

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My Mom and I, stayed here at a very sad occasion, the funeral for my Aunt and godmother in Westwood. Without knowing anything about why were there this hotel made us feel very much relaxed and took most of the stressful edge off. I would defiantly recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone looking for location and convenience in and around the Boston area. The management and Staff were the best!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so very much for writing such a lovely review of our hotel. My staff prides themselves in delivering the best customer service. I am very sorry for your loss, but I am glad we could make this trip as easy as possible for you.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us, and hope you will come back in the future so we can serve you again.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here for four nights recently during a business trip.
The hotel is relatively easy to find using Satnav/GPS from the airport and has good access to the main road network. It is located across the road from the Legacy retail park which has restauranta and shops.There are several diners and restuarants nearby as well. This is just as well because the hotel does not have any on-site dining beyond breakfast (which I never got round to trying).
Check in was realtively easy but getting to my room proved to be a bit of a trek. The hotel seems to contain a lot of long corridors!
There is a small swimming pool and a limited gym with a weights machine and a couple of aerobic machines (bikes, cross trainers) near reception. This did not appear to be very busy.
The rooms were average, nothing to complain about there.
Staff were pretty helpful; there is a courtesy bus to the nearby railway station where you can get a train into downtown Boston. You can pretty much ask for this when you want it and if you phone them they will come to the station to collect you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Argonaust,

First of all, we like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and we also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your valuable comment with us. Guest comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests’ feel it is necessary. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because we did not meet your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area

Been to Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!