“Great service and good rate”

Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband had to have surgery and came to Boston for the procedure. I was referred to the Holiday Inn Boston - Dedham. What was supposed to be a 10 day stay in Boston has turned into one month. I've had the opportunity to remain at the Holiday Inn for the last three and a half weeks while my husband remains in hospital. The staff at the Holiday Inn are excellent and professional, especially the dining staff: Patty, John and Alfie. The shuttle drivers: Juan, Jay, Bob, Herbie, Pierre and front desk staff. The hotel has laundry facilities, two fine restaurants next door, Bamboo (Asian food) and American Joe's. I will need to return to Boston in another week or so and will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn in Dedham!

Room Tip: Rooms not in the main buidling were quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel needs a bit of an overhaul in the bathrooms. There were rust spots in the tub that were patched poorly. The layout is bit wack a doo! Bring your walking shoes. Besides all these quirky things, the stay was fine for one night.

The room was clean and everything worked so that was good. If want to be outside Boston, this location is pretty good. Right off the highway (93?) Easy on and off... CVS and Walgreens close by to load up on snacks and drinks before heading to the city! Eat in Boston b/c there are only chain restaurants in the area.

The clerk at the desk was not real friendly and seemed surprised to have people checking in even though it was only 3pm in the afternoon.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My wife had a reunion at this hotel. When we checked in I asked for a refrigerator for my room (I take a medication that needs refrigeration). We were told that there were no more refrigerators available, but that I could keep my stuff in a fridge at the front desk. I told them I was not about to come back and forth to the front desk before I went to bed to get my medication. They were obviously not happy (facial expression would have turned Medusa to stone). She then said she would "upgrade" us to a "junior executive suite" that had a fridge and a microwave (still with the sour facial expression). So, we got to the room, and it was an average room with a king-size bed, and stuck in the corner was a small refrigerator with a tiny microwave on top. Hilarious! And they call this a "junior executive suite?" Unbelievable! Bathroom was tiny. There was also too much furniture for the room, although it appeared an attempt had been made to coordinate things. Carpet looked worn. There was an AC unit below the window--just like a motel. It was difficult to regulate room temperature. Breakfast was average and not too expensive--better than the Hilton in Rye Brook, NY. Attached to the hotel is a Chinese restaurant that is terrific! It's a good thing! Only good shopping and other restaurants are on the other side of a busy highway with high cement median.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Nice rooms but train wreck Sunday breakfast - dirty tables, one surly waitress, ridiculously expensive

• Stayed: June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear Dear skierNH,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our rooms.

I'm sorry to hear the cleanliness and staff service in our restaurant fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 18, 2012

As a Platinum Priority Club member, I expect to be at the very least acknowledged for that. Sometimes I get a bottled water or a room upgrade.
Not in Dedham. 2 nights there and I had a room with vehicles running outside the window all night, and then discovered I was paying $58 a night more then all the people I ran into. My room was damp with a slow internet access as well. On the 2nd day I came back to my room and found the hallway smelling like an over flowed toilet (I am being kind in this description).

On the positive side, their pool was warm and clean. Also, they had plenty of security walking around the property. Hmm...
Not quite enough for me to go back again though.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tomass10
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here for a graduation in Boston. All hotels booked, prices inflated. We stayed in Dedham out of necessity. I was forced to make a quick decision about a Dedham hotel and picked this one because of price. Unfortunately, booked with Hotels.com and reservation was not allowed to be cancelled. Then I read the reviews on TA and was horrified, filthy carpets,etc I dreaded the trip. Well the stay was not pleasant, would never return, but not as horrible as I anticipated. Building is very old and awkwardly laid out.I do not remember the lobby looking the way it does on the website. I asked for a renovated room at check in. Without looking up, clerk said curtly all the rooms have been renovated. Didn't look that way. Location of hotel is odd amid other buildings and in the middle of nowhere. But the room was not dirty and the carpets were in good condition.Thank goodness. I would not recommend to other travelers. There are better hotels in the area to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We are members of Holiday Inn so we frequent many locations. This hotel was very clean and convenient for our family vacation. The bathroom layout is not ideal. And breakfast was horrible - considering you get better for free at Holiday Inn Express locations! Do yourself a favor and visit Whole Foods across the street for easy, affordable, fast breakfast. The location and convenience to Whole Foods was the most positive part - it was the largest Whole Foods I had ever seen. As Priority Members - we never received information about access to internet. Would have liked a minifridge for convenience (travelling with small children).

TV reception was always fuzzy - unfortunate with such nice television sets. Believe it is their satellite.

Overall okay visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear LJBmonterey,

Thank you so much for being one of our Priority Club members and for your review of our hotel. We are pleased you found our location clean and convenient for your family vacation. We are sorry you were not 100% satisfied with the hotel staff service, hotel amenities and food options. I truly value your comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Dedham/Westwood

Been to Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!