Hilton Boston Dedham
$87
$101
$169
Travelocity
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood(Norwood)(Great Value!)
$140
$127
$168
$139
Sheraton Needham Hotel(Needham)(Great Value!)
$168
$135
  • Pool
$134
$114
Courtyard
$176
1,084 results
All reviewslegacy placebreakfast buffetfitness centerhilton propertywhole foodsoff the highwaygillette stadiumfront desk staffindoor poolcommon areasshuttle serviceconvenient locationsouth stationbostonstarbucksweddingma
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I really loved my stay at the Dedham Hilton. The staff were unfailingly polite and accommodating, the rooms very clean and nice. It has a very nice fitness center with a pool, a whirlpool and even racketball courts. I plan to come back.

Frankly, what I liked most was the location. Easy access to everything in Boston. It sits right on the intersection of Routes 1 and 128, so it's easy to drive anywhere. And the big discovery was the commuter rail just a short walk from the hotel which gets into downtown Boston in 20 minutes.

A great hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2010

This hotel is probably great for the casual traveler or someone with a family, looking for amenities in the area. It isn't, however, that well-suited for the frequent traveler who is annoyed by inattention to detail and inconveniences.
I want to preface this by saying I have stayed at this property a number of times in the last 10-12 months. My last visit someone in the restaurant recognized that I had been there before, but otherwise, I do not feel as though my frequent stays or even Hilton Honors status gets me much in the way of special treatment. This will likely be my last stay here -- partly because the hotel is not all that convenient, but mainly because it is tiresome to continue to come here and experience what would be minor inconveniences if I only traveled once in a while.
Everyone I've dealt with on the staff has been exceedingly kind and no one has been rude or unresponsive. It is unfortunate, because I would feel better if I could say someone had been outright rude. The problem, instead, is that I always seem to have an issue that I shouldn't have to bring to their attention: ants (like a colony) in my bathroom, trash not being taken out from the previous occupant, noise, the housekeeping staff adjusting the thermostat to uncomfortable temps, no pad or pen in the room, not supplying water (a perk of Honors status) at check-in, etc. Again, each time I have had an issue, it has been addressed -- once I bring it to someone's attention -- but there is an issue each and every stay. This time, I was so pleased when I first arrived that maybe this would be the stay that was without issue: someone had just pulled out of the parking lot in front (they have spaces for "valet" though I have yet to see someone who appears to be a valet -- and the parking garage is difficult to navigate with bags if you are alone), there were bags with waters in them when I checked in (and I noticed that someone was filling more bags in the small "store" adjacent to the front desk), and I got an elevator right away (which has been unusual in the past). I get in my room. It is on the first floor (which is the same floor as the gym/pool, so the chlorine smell is even stronger than on the lobby level). I got in and all appeared to be in order - other than the radio was on in the room already and it was a little cold. Not anything special (just a King room), but the bathroom is a little larger than some of the rooms here. I looked down to see that there was still trash from someone who had been in the room before me. Then I got to the desk and started plugging in electronics when I needed to write a note -- only to find there was no note pad or pen anywhere in the room. It was then that I decided this is my last stay. I really did not want to go to the front desk or call someone to take out the trash that was still in the bathroom -- and I fished a pen and paper out of my bag for the note -- but these are exactly the details that I would expect would be "right" at a Hilton property and each stay it seems that a different detail is wrong (for example, the ants, neglecting to provide water, returning to a room to find the housekeeping staff thought that they needed to turn on the A/C in December when it is 27 degrees outside).
The location is odd. The property is not laid out well and as I mentioned, the parking garage is a hassle (you cannot park on a "ground" level -- you either go up stairs or down below -- in narrow stairways). The sidewalks are not smooth for wheeled baggage. There usually is only one elevator running and there is the smell from the chlorine permeating the property. The rooms are not insulated for sound and the windows seem to let in the cold. The bathrooms have not been updated. Few of the rooms (OK, I've only stayed in one that did) have flat screen TV's. There are no mini-bars in the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank TarheelTraveler9198
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I was a little reluctant to book this hotel after reading some of the reviews and after staying 2 nights I can honestly say that this hotel was very clean with friendly and helpful staff and comfortable beds. Maid service was very accommodating cleaning and making up our room every day leaving clean, fluffy, dense towels and changing the sheets if requested. They have adequate outdoor as well as underground parking but if you're parking underground be careful walking down the ramp it is a little steep. I would definitely recommend staying here to my friends or anyone else who is looking in the area south of Boston. Very convenient to the highway.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2010

After reading the reviews here, I was very concerned about what I would find at this hotel. I am happy to say that my stay was quite a pleasant one. My room was very nice and clean and well equipped. The fitness center had a lot of equipment and it was well maintained. The pool was warm and clean. The hotel is walking distance from the train station and a brand new shopping center with a number of restaurants, shops, a movie theatre and a grocery store.
The shuttle drivers were wonderful and very willing to take us where we needed to go. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I am a Hilton member so booked this Boston hotel for business. When I arrived it was a 1/2 hour early (2:30 or so) and they did not have my room ready so they gave me an upgrade. For the most part that was the good part of the trip. Next though came that I had requested non-allergic (no down) pillows. I asked twice more during my stay and never got them. I also requested a new blow dryer since the one in the bath room made a horrible growling sound. It took them 2 days and 2 requests to get that done.

The highlight was on the day I was going to check out I was in the shower and grabbed on of the clean towels off the rack. I almost had it to my face when I noticed fecal stains (yes racing stripes) on the middle of my towel just inches from my face. I immediately grabbed another and reported it to the manager on duty. She stated she was appalled and was going to do something to make matter right but only had fresh towels sent to the room. This when I was finished in the bath and in the process of checking out.

Overall the worst Hilton experience I have ever had!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
HiltonDedham, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Boston/Dedham for your travel needs and we appreciate your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your stay.

We were disheartened to hear that your guest room did not meet your expectations and the particular faults connected with it. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your visit and can assure you this is not the norm at our hotel. Our Housekeeping Department has been advised and will certainly address the particular bathroom concerns you encountered to ensure these issues are not repeated.

Our goal is to insure that every guest leaves completely satisfied with all aspects of their visit and sincerely hope you allow us the opportunity to regain your trust should your travels bring you back to the Boston area.

We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards