“Great For Me”

Hilton Boston Dedham
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed May 28, 2010

I would never ever discount or question other reviews. I was in transit from Albany to Mystic and stayed here only for dinner with a friend. Location in terms of the outer belt, was great. The garden area was beautiful. It seemed idylic. Right off the freeway but nice and quiet and surrounded by trees. Wonderful dinner. Great room. Quiet. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 21, 2010

I booked at this Hilton after getting the best deal ever, $20/night. I asked them about the rate and they said it was a mistake but if I hadn't asked they never would have mentioned it. I was in the area to take classes but I had to work online from my room every evening and the room was very nice to hang out in. Like most of the better hotels, they charge extra for Internet. I ordered room service two nights and the food and server were excellent and at a reasonable price. The hotel was just a mile away from the new Legacy Place where they have Whole Foods, The Apple store, and many restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2010

There's no excuse for a suppsoidly 3 star property not to have a place in the hotel for breakfast. When we went to the restaurant at 11:00 am, it was closed for a private function. We were told that they were serving in the lounge. When we went to the lounge, there was no one there to help us. We left frustrated and hungry.
As for the rest of the hotel, it can best be described as adequate. It is conveniently located off I-95 in suburban Boston. The physical plant is a reliqe of the '70's with too much marble, brass and muted fabrics. It has an indoor pool, but when we went to use it in the morning, it was full of what appeared to be local kids getting swimming lessons. The rooms are also dated (no flat screen tv's) though comfortable enough for a night or two. Not 3 stars. Maybe 2.5 stars at best.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonDedham, General Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We're truly sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations.

We do appreciate your bringing it to our attention, as we want to do everything possible to remedy the situation and ensure that another guest does not share your experience.

The Hilton Boston/Dedahm is continuously striving to make updates to our decor and we appreciate your feedback regarding the overall look of the hotel.

We make every effort to provide each guest with the best experience possible and want to do the same for you. Please email me directly at Jayne.Barrett@Hilton.com with any additional comments or concerns you would like to share.

Janye Barrett

Reviewed April 16, 2010

Some other reviewers complained about the noise level from the lobby, but I figured it couldn't be all that bad. I mean, it's in the quiet suburb of Dedham. As I sit here in bed, wishing I was sleeping, I do think that the atrium design actually funnels and amplifies all of the noise to the upper level rooms in the center of the hotel. I haven't heard so much noise since my youth hostel days. I can't even say the lobby itself is that loud, but the laughter/conversations reverberate and seem louder up here on the 4th floor than in the lobby itself. And the laughter which seemed of normal volume and tone in the lobby, is transformed into bone grating cackling by the time it reaches the area outside my door. Really incredibly poor acoustic design. However, my room is clean. The bath towels are plush. The bed is very comfy and I have lots of pillows to bury my head in. Catering for the event I attended was quite nice. Didn't visit the pool because it seemed crowded during the afternoon today, but it looked reasonable. Function rooms were well appointed. If you are thinking about staying here, ask for a room away from the atrium area. It might be quieter at the far ends of the halls.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We were here over Easter weekend and check-in at 2AM. It was quick and swift. Ample amount of parking. The room was very standard - the beds and pillow were great. Pillow was especially fluffy. Basic bathroom products were replenished every day. Wifi in the lobby.

Although we picked this hotel based on where it was located central to where we wanted to visit, if you need to get to downtown Boston, it's approx 30 minutes drive - 45 if there's traffic. Not necessarily great if you intend to spend all your time in Boston.

We had very limited very contact with staff - we self-checked out via phone in the room.
But when we did, they were courteous despite the late hour.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2010

My ipod touch was stolen out of my suitcase. I am pissed. First time this has ever happened and yes, I am sure it was in my suitcase when I left and I am sure it was gone when I came back.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2010

The weekend rate for this hotel was absurdly low, so I keep that caveat in mind with my gripes.

The hotel appears to be a bit dated. I'm sure it looked pretty good in the 80s. The room was updated and pleasant. There were weird patchwork fixes throughout the hotel, however - some of those ugly sticker numbers from the hardware store in fire staircase - ice buckets collecting water in halls from leaky skylights. In my room, one of the two phones was completely broken, the other only had functioning numbers, not functioning direct-dial numbers to the front desk or housekeeping, etc. The clock was off by a full hour, and it requires a maintenance call to fix it because there's not a manual time-set on it.

I tried calling the front desk, and housekeeping, and the operator from my room after I checked in. Nobody picked up.

The people working in the restaurant were friendly, but service was generally very inattentive at the breakfast buffet. The containers holding some of the cold fresh food smelled bad, and the cantaloupe tasted very funny. This Hilton breakfast was not quite on par with most other Hiltons at which I stay. The restaurant overall needed a facelift.

Like others, I noticed the noise in the hotel. My partner and I got back at 1:30 AM on a Friday into Saturday. Some loud bass from a dance was thumping in our room, which was on the third or fourth floor... well above the ballroom. When I called to complain, they explained that it should end at 2 AM. I asked how this was at all acceptable, and they said that it's a Friday night and they booked an event so it was just something to live with.

The window in my room could not close completely, so there was a cold draft throughout.

This hotel was dirt cheap over the weekend, and with the free breakfast from HHonors Gold, it was a steal... but I could not recommend this place and would not stay here again given the overall series of annoyances. I can't imagine paying normal rates for this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA

Been to Hilton Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!