“Slipping a little”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Penicuik, United Kingdom
“Slipping a little”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2008

I have been going to the Dedham Hilton for many years on business. It is easy to find, which is a big advantage when you are jetlagged and driving on the wrong side of the road in the dark.
You get large, clean and well equipped rooms. I particularly like the fact that the bar area is spacious and nearly always quiet enough to work in. Also the rooms have very adequate desks. I usually find the rooms quiet, though this rather depends on who is on the other side of the communicating door.
Breakfast is entirely adequate. The bar food however has continued to deteriorate. Bar Service was always ludicrously slow, but that only matters if you are in a hurry. The front desk are starting to worry me. First I was given the wrong bill, then told my bill had been given to and returned by another customer, then handed a letter for another customer with the same surname.
Because of the access to the train station and the price being reasonable and the quiet of the place, I will return, but I am now seriously considering where else I might stay in the area.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank AlMcDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Silver City, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2008

Hotel staff very accommodating & friendly/efficient. Nice hotel grounds, room quality good. Windows in room open to get some fresh air which I like. This is a business hotel, & quite busy/active with a few meetings/conventions going on while I was here. The restaurant/bar was always crowded and people in the lobby. My only issue with the room is no flat/firm pillows. They are all of the feather type and no others were available. I paid $51 & $55/night for my room on Priceline which is a great deal. Ask for Margaret in the bar, she is great!

• Liked — Value for what I paid, train station into Boston right next door, right off freeway yet private
  • Disliked — No restaurants close by
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dustytrails
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

The air conditioning was broken in my room and that of several other folks in our group. I literally had to get dressed in hallway!! We didn't check in until close to midnight, so I was too pooped to realize how hot it was until I tried to sleep. And, by then I was in for a long hot uncomfortable night!

I tried to complain at the front desk, but the line was too long - populated by other hot & sweaty guests. Yikes! It's Spring! Get it fixed by the Summer!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Dedham hotels

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel about 10 times over the last 8 years. It has been upgraded a bit during that time. But on this occasion, it let us down in some areas. checkin girl was cold and unfriendly which had never happened before, Our first room had to be changed as the heating didnt work. Then two nights later, we had to move again as another guest was shouting next door at 1 am and we were moved without a problem. The service in the breakfast room was excellent. room service was just ok. the Bar is nice and is quite busy but they only have one waiter to cover it and he/she is always run off their feet so service is never good. Check out was a disaster, the bill didnt show that I had prepaid it in total, the rate quoted on it was much higher than what I had paid. Markus at reception sorted it all out in a few minutes but as a Silver Honours Member, this should not have happened. I would probably stay here again but will check out other hotels first. Access from 95S is good and the pool is nice also. Overall, not bad, but not great either !

• Liked — fabulous beds, great shopping nearby at Wrentham Outlets !
  • Disliked — heating not working in one room, check in person very rude.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank scarke
Havertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2007

I booked this hotel due to its low cost and relative proximity to Boston. Check-in was a breeze, though; our room preference was unavailable due to a wedding and other events occurring at the hotel. Overall, the rooms weren't bad. There were a few areas that housekeeping obviously missed, specifically in the bathroom area; however, everything else was relatively spotless. Our room was on the lower level and had a sliding door to the outside, at night there was a wicked draft. Also, for $10 the internet connection at times was quite slow. However, all things considered, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2007
1 Thank intl_realist
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton in Dedham for a week and even though there really was nothing wrong with the hotel, I was not fully comfortable and did not like the hotel too much. It is partly dated, but many updates are quite successful. Elevators could do with an upgrade next...

The biggest issue was with light, it felt like the hotel was on some kind of anti-light plan. My room was dark dark dark. The lights in it were not sufficient and windows only gave a little bit of light in. So I had all lights on at all times and still did not feel like the room was fully lit. To add to the situation some light bulbs were missing, so not all lamps worked. And the bathroom, which was the best lit part of the room, had dead light bulbs.

Gym was small, dated, with extremely low ceiling, worn out machines and no towels available. There was one mat for streching and I was not going to even sit on it. I am not that tall, but when on the treadmill, I felt like my head was touching the ceiling. I felt like working out in a cave.

Food in the hotel was good and the coffee shop offers a nice option of bying cereal etc instead of splashing out on a full breakfast in the restaurant. Comfortable bed, clean hotel and the shuttle service is great. But I still did not love this hotel.

• Liked — Good food
  • Disliked — Lack of light
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank travelling_rocks
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2007

I stayed here for a week while on a recent trip to the Boston area. The room we had was very big and well furnished.

We arrived late at night after driving from JFK and used the automated check in computer to check in which was great and very convinient.

While the area around the hotel is boring, there is a commuter train station less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel and there is a resonably good service to South Station from here.

The bar area is quite good and the staff are very helpful. The rooms are also very quiet

• Liked — Price and quality
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 2 in Needham

Been to Hilton Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!