“Great Hotel if Need to Be South of Boston” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Boston Dedham

Hilton Boston Dedham
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Hotel if Need to Be South of Boston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Great hotel if you don't need to be in the city of Boston. Stayed here for 3 nights while doing work in Brockton and West Roxbury. I wouldn't want to stay here if I was working in Boston. There is a shopping center minutes away with some good food options. The room service was very good. Breakfast was solid. The rooms were big and clean - very comfortable. The front desk staff was okay, nice enough but not super helpful. My family joined me and I struggled bringing in the cart through the door but no one helped me hold the door. Other than that, the restaurant, room service delivery, and housekeeping staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I really felt appreciated by them. I really enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: Better to stay here if you don't need to be in Boston. Otherwise plan on driving quite a bit an...
1 Thank bills8
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Good Afternoon Bills8,

We have reviewed your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that most of your encounters with the team were pleasant. I can assure you that we're committted to exceeding all of our guests needs (holding doors open). We will use your comments as a learning tool for the staff who did not deliver the type of service you've come to expect from a Hilton hotel.

It is through comments like yours that we may evaluate our strenghts and weaknesses and make improvements where necessary. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We hope the next time your travel needs have you in the area you will call on us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Due to weather, I stayed in for dinner after check in. The dinner choices were varied, something for everyone. The first night was so good, that I stayed the 2nd night as well. However, that's when it became obvious that there must have been a different chef in the kitchen.... the same dish, two nights in a row couldn't be more different in appearance, flavor and preparation. The breakfast selection was very good, both hot & cold and omelet station... again, something for everyone.

The room was okay but the mattresses were in need of a change (two queen beds, tried both). The lobby dinner area could have been larger, people came and went because there were no tables, and no room at the bar either (lost opportunity)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Good Afternoon Alps110,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your comments regarding food and beverage will be address with our Executive Chef and his team for following up and training. I am also happy to report that beginning on Monday December 16, 2013 all of our guest rooms will be receiving new bedding. This will address your comments regarding the bedding problem you encountered.

Through comments like yours we may evaluate our strengths and weaknesses and make improvements where necessary. We know you have many choices when it comes to travel and we thank you for choosing the Hilton Boston-Dedham.

We hope to welcome you back soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Attended a conference here last month. (NOV 2013) I was very impressed with the facilities -- plenty of rooms, food / catering was delicious, and WiFi worked flawlessly.

As for the rooms, they were, well, roomy. Very comfortable bed. Plenty of channels on the TV. My only caveat was that I couldn't figure out the temperature control. I did *not* inform the hotel, as I was only staying one night, and I like my room a bit on the chilly side anyway.

I did not use the fitness facilities, but I did look in and saw plenty of machines. They also have two racquetball / squash / handball courts. Each time I passed them, they were in use. The courts looked well-kept.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel without reservation. (Pun intended.) The Hilton Boston Dedham is convenient to Interstate 95 / MA Rte 128 as well as to Interstate 93.

Room Tip: You can either look out onto the interior courtyard area or the outside. I had an interior room, but...
Good Afternoon Julie K,

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Hilton Boston-Dedham. I know the entire staff works very hard to create a first class experience for all of guests and I was happy that this happened for you. Just so you know we have been working on the heating and A/C and we're in the process of installing new controls and directions so the problem you had should be eliminated over time.

Again, Thank you for comments and choosing the Hilton Boston-Dedham for your travel needs. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Good location and fair value for the price.

The room was very clean, however the heating unit was making loud noises every time it was starting or stopping which made it very hard to sleep. The next night I turned it off completely... better a bit colder in the room, but rested

I have not visited the restaurant/bar so I cannot comment on that

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Good Afternoon,

We thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent visit to the hotel. The heating and air conditioning units are in the process of review with our engineering department. We have begun the process of upgrading all controls, this will allow for better climate control from room to room. I will be sure that we check the unit in the room you occupied to make sure everything is in order.

Again, thank you for writing and we hope to welcome you back sometime soon.
Yarmouth maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night, was greeted nicely upon arrival, a little robotic and rehearsed, but its a big chain and they do things the corporate way. Room was nice, the heating system in this room had some clicks and clacks when it operated, but nothing interrupted the sleep of the family. Upon entering the room really looks nice, but when you take some time there are some things showing signs of wear, but don't we all. We stayed at this hotel mainly for convenience of location for $ 109.00 plus the usual additional taxes and fees, a fair price! I would not hesitate to recommend the location if your paying in that ball park, they do a nice job.

Room Tip: If you are allergic to down the rooms feature all down pillows, my wife is so we were looking for fo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon,

We wanted to take a moment to thank yor for writing. The hotel has many improvements tp the property over the next several months. We start later this month with all new bedding for all guest rooms, that will be followed up with new carpteing, drapery, desk chairs, new lighting for all guest rooms. This along with some public area improvements will allow us to provide the type of room and service you've come to expect from a Hilton hotel. We will also be sure to follow-up with our Director of Housekeeping and make sure we add additional foam pillows to our inventories.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Best full service hotel in the area! Everyone helpful. Will stay there again. Hotel lobby and lounge are is very nice. Room was spotless. Nicest full service hotel in the area. Staff seemed to go out of their way to help you and enjoy doing so.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good Afternoon,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind words about the hotel and your recent visit. The staff works very hard to create a welcoming and problem free for all of our guests. Your comments will be shared with the entire team!

Again, thank you for writing and we hope to welcome you back soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

This Hilton is easily accessed from a major highway (although traffic snarls at commuting times) and offers many amenities to its guests (free basic WiFi, pool, exercise room, executive lounge, bar, sundries store). The rooms are nicely decorated, spacious and clean and the bed and bedding were comfortable and clean (except for a stain on the dust ruffle - ew). The food was good, but more plebeian offerings (e.g., pizza) would be appreciated. The bar was small and filled up quickly on a Wednesday night, due to a couple of conventions in residence. The staff were courteous and very helpful. The foyer was homey, with a nice fire burning and a collection of wingback chairs, perfect for reading, computing, or snoozing (which I saw all of). Some desk spaces with computers were available in the bar but they probably would have been better located someone else, to allow for more lounge seating and better privacy for the computer users. Conference facilities were fair - the usual decor, semi-comfortable chairs, and amenities - pads of paper, nice pens, chilled water, and mints. The continental "breakfast" was underwhelming - pastries were stale and cold, and there were no juices, or healthy options for food (fruit, whole wheat bagels, etc.). They had a couple of small lots for parking, but mostly parking garage, whose lower level was downright scary to leave your car in. Poor lighting and no visible security cameras made this female very nervous. First chance at an open space outside, I moved my vehicle. Lots of nearby shopping, but need a vehicle to get there - this hotel is located at the mouth of a commercial park - no restaurants or other travel-friendly stores. They were less than a mile away at the next exit off the highway.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Good Morning,

We have received your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to learn that it was a pleasant one for the most part. I also wanted to let you know that we have some exciting things planned moving forward for the hotel. New bedding for all of our rooms will arrive before the end of the year. We will also be doing some room renovations that will include new carpeting, new desk chairs and new lighting. The lighting in the parking garage will also be addressed, we have already made some changes including lighter paint. Funny you should mention the business center in the lounge, that is also scheduled to be moved to the lobby area in the first quarter of 2014. I will also be sure to address your housekeeping concerns with the director of housekeeping and her team. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
No photo provided
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 2 in Needham

Been to Hilton Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!