“Very nice Hilton, but some drawbacks”

Hilton Boston Dedham
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This Hilton is easily accessed from a major highway (although traffic snarls at commuting times) and offers many amenities to its guests (free basic WiFi, pool, exercise room, executive lounge, bar, sundries store). The rooms are nicely decorated, spacious and clean and the bed and bedding were comfortable and clean (except for a stain on the dust ruffle - ew). The food was good, but more plebeian offerings (e.g., pizza) would be appreciated. The bar was small and filled up quickly on a Wednesday night, due to a couple of conventions in residence. The staff were courteous and very helpful. The foyer was homey, with a nice fire burning and a collection of wingback chairs, perfect for reading, computing, or snoozing (which I saw all of). Some desk spaces with computers were available in the bar but they probably would have been better located someone else, to allow for more lounge seating and better privacy for the computer users. Conference facilities were fair - the usual decor, semi-comfortable chairs, and amenities - pads of paper, nice pens, chilled water, and mints. The continental "breakfast" was underwhelming - pastries were stale and cold, and there were no juices, or healthy options for food (fruit, whole wheat bagels, etc.). They had a couple of small lots for parking, but mostly parking garage, whose lower level was downright scary to leave your car in. Poor lighting and no visible security cameras made this female very nervous. First chance at an open space outside, I moved my vehicle. Lots of nearby shopping, but need a vehicle to get there - this hotel is located at the mouth of a commercial park - no restaurants or other travel-friendly stores. They were less than a mile away at the next exit off the highway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Good Morning,

We have received your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to learn that it was a pleasant one for the most part. I also wanted to let you know that we have some exciting things planned moving forward for the hotel. New bedding for all of our rooms will arrive before the end of the year. We will also be doing some room renovations that will include new carpeting, new desk chairs and new lighting. The lighting in the parking garage will also be addressed, we have already made some changes including lighter paint. Funny you should mention the business center in the lounge, that is also scheduled to be moved to the lobby area in the first quarter of 2014. I will also be sure to address your housekeeping concerns with the director of housekeeping and her team. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Boston Dedham

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Staff was very nice. Bar and grill had good food and excellent servers. Room as clean and well outfitted. However, check-in was very slow, had to wait in line for a 1/2 to obtain room key. Only one hotel employee at front desk. Overall experience was very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Good Morning,

We wanted to thank you for your kind words and apoligize for the delayed check-in process when you arrived. After doing a little research regarding your arrival it was determined that the key making machine was having problems. This is what caused the delay in a quick check-in process. I was happy to learn you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Thank you for your comments and we will be sure to share them with the staff.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Mike at the front desk was especially charming helping us to feel right at home. The hotel was well appointed and clean. The lobby with fireplace was a cozy spot and the bar area was open and lively. One issue was the temperature was very cold in corridors and lobby.
The stay was great with one exception and that was noise. We were able to hear clearly any conversation or any"thing" happening in the rooms on either side and the hallway. I do not understand why a hotel this nice is so poorly insulated for sound. It was definitely an issue! I did not feel comfortable as a result.
The beds were comfortable and everything was clean.

• Stayed: November 2013
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We have many improvements planned in the next serveral months so you'll have to come back and visit. I will be sure to pass on your comments directly to Mike. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Heat kept dropping to 62 and maintenance didn't know how to fix it. I finally figured out how to reprogram the thermostat myself. Also there is a window that wasn't closing all the way and the night time low temp was below freezing outside. At least maintenance fixed that. Then there was 0 sound proofing and I could hear every tiny noise my neighbor made ... And when they got up at 5am today I could see light from their room at my ceiling... After all that my perfect stay was topped off with no hot water for the shower and cold dry food on the $18 breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: November 2013
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

First, let me apologize for the problems you encountered during your recent visit to our hotel. Our goal is to ensure each guest has a comfortable and relaxing stay. I was very unhappy to learn that this did not happen for you. Please feel free to contact me direclty, I would like to further discuss your comments.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

It was our wedding shower weekend and the ladies at the front desk sent champagne and strawberries to our room. They also gave us free breakfast which was great. The hotel was very close to all sorts of shopping and restaurants in the area..., they truly know how to make there guest feel special. Beautiful hotel!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Good Afternoon,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments. I was happy to learn that our staff took the moment to create a great expericence for you and your party. Thank you again and we hope you come back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I traveled alone for a social group gathering. The hotel was welcoming and well appointed. The room was comfortable and clean; the staff was polite and efficient. The pool was warm, the jacuzzi was hot. I enjoyed my weekend stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Greetings from the Hilton Boston-Dedham,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments will be shared with the team.

Thanks again!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Hilton Boston-Dedham is conveniently located off route 95, with easy access to commuter rail, dining and shopping. The hotel staff is very helpful and quick to accommodate if at all possible. I dined in the hotel restaurant and had a wonderful meal, far better than I would expect for hotel fare. The rooms are comfortable and well-appointed. I look forward to visiting again in the near future.

Room Tip: Higher is better as it is quieter and ask for a room away from the vending machines and elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Good Afternoon,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent review of our hotel. You comments will be shared with the entire staff. We have many new improvements planned for the hotel in the next several months you'll have to come back for another stay. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA

Been to Hilton Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!