“Above and Beyond...way beyond.”

Hilton Boston Dedham
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were there for my cousin's son's Bar Mitzvah a/k/a Snow Mitzvah of 2013.
Despite being snowed in the hotel with 35+ members of our family, your staff went above and beyond to make our group feel welcome and totally accommodated during our entire stay. The front desk staff was helpful, but the two real rock stars of the weekend were Dana, our waitress (regardless of what room we were in) and Marty, catering mgr extraordinaire!
Dana literally worked every room where there was food/bar service and never failed to smile, despite working ungodly amounts of hours. Marty handled every request/crisis/inquiry with finesse and ease - as though he operated under blizzard conditions all the time. These two gems on your staff made such enormous contributions toward making our trip enjoyable.
Many kudos and many thanks to all at The Hilton Boston Dedham.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words! That was a difficult storm and it’s fantastic to hear that the staff was attentive to you and your families needs. I will make sure that both Dana and Marty and recognized for their efforts that weekend. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Boston Dedham

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed there for a night. It's a typical hilton hotel/conference center. The facility is pretty old, but kept clean. The room I got has good size, smells nice and fresh. But the air con is really noisy. I got woken up multiple times over night. It's like a jet taking off.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I’m so sorry for the noise you experienced with your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent and quiet condition and we are sorry to hear you didn’t experience that. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area as we’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had business in the area. Clean, comfortable, basic hotel. Convenient. Nice staff. I had a good meal at the bar and was able to get a local brew. Nothing special about this Hilton. Completely what you would expect. Quiet. Agree with prior reviewers statement that meals were expensive. I had to leave in the morning before breakfast and was not able to try. There is no spa. Staff was friendly and generally helpful. WiFi was adequate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I appreciate you taking the time to note your impression of the hotel. We are always striving for perfection and your review will help us identify those areas of improvement. Thank you again for taking the time today – your comments are always welcome.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here last week. The Bed was comfortable, the bathroom was nice, room was comfortable
bar area was busy every night. easy location to the I95 freeway, just a nice pleasant stay
Staff was very accommodating and nice

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay! I will make sure to share your words with the staff and commend them for making sure you feel valued. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed two weeks at this hotel last month for business and could not have been more impressed and pleased!! From the minute I checked in, John at the front desk went out of his way to get me the perfect room location for me and since I was staying so long, that really made a big difference in my comfort. Other pleasant surprises: since the weather was cold and even snowed...I did not want to leave the hotel at night to go out to dinner so I had dinner in the hotel every night - the food was fantastic!! Room service was five star! The chef had several specials for dinner during my stay that were really delicious - one great swordfish dish and a lobster, crab pasta creation that was out of this world! The fancy grilled cheese sandwich was even great. I could not have been more satisfied. I have to admit, the nice people who worked there really did make everything feel better. Staying two weeks in the same hotel and room give you plenty of opportunity to find "issues" but none found at this hotel! Housekeeping was excellent, lobby, bar and restaurant areas were spotless clean and welcoming. The people working at this hotel obviously love the place and know how to run a hotel. I met the manager, Brian, in the lobby and lots of managers out and about greeting guests. I hope I get to visit again - without the snow!!!! By far the best Hilton I have stayed in for years.

Room Tip: If you would like a room with a door that opens to the pretty, outside area, ask for the first floor...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to say so many kind words about the staff and their service. I will take pleasure in sharing your words with not only the department head but the individual staff member as well. We hope to see you again, and soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in the Boston area for a basketball tournament. Hotel staff was very accommodating for a large group. Nice, spacious room. Friendly prompt service. Restaurant food was good. There's an indoor pool, racquet ball court, small basketball court and a gym. Great price for all those extras!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lobby, which can get a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I am very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to note your comments for us! Most of all I’m very happy to read about the friendly and prompt service you received during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here in April 2012 for personal business. The location worked for us but not a whole lot else. Check-in was a breeze - actually super fast, so that's a plus. The food at the bar/lounge area was also surprisingly decent, better than what we expected given the condition of the hotel.
Our room was basically clean but neither faucet on the sink worked correctly - the cold faucet, spun around so you had to find just the right spot to turn it off, and the handle on the hot fell off as soon as I touched it - so you had to handle them very gingerly to get them to work. If you turned the faucet shower too far to the hot setting, it just kept turning and went to cold.
We just didn't want to deal with people coming and going from our room - so in the hotel's defense, they didn't hear of the problems from us. But how can housekeeping go in there every day and not notice these malfunctions?
I will calll the hotel and notify them (but I'll never know if they actuall fix it...) Certainly it doesn't live up to what I expect a Hilton to be.
In any event, the location is handy, the room price is decent, the food is actually pretty good, the drinks at the bar barely have alcohol in them, so stick with beer or wine (this hotel got in trouble apparently for serving minors or something like that), there's an indoor pool that we didn't try out. If you're looking for a vacation spot, I'd suggest you try some place else. If you just need an inexpensive bed, then I guess it'll do.
Just a couple of other thoughts: the walls in this hotel are pretty thin - we could hear the oaf in the next room, with his "cell yell" talking to someone late at night - travelers, be considerate of your neighbors, maintain low tones on your mobile wherever you are...
And there were a bunch of kids staying there one night and some of them were running up and down the hall yelling and screaming way past 10:30 pm - parents/chaperones - teach your children/charges that low tones should always be maintained in any hotel hallway; watch what they're doing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on the hotel. I am very happy to see that the staff was able to do their best to make sure your stay was the best it could be. I will speak with the department heads of each department you experienced an issue in to discuss ways to improve upon these issues. Thank you for taking the time to give us notice about your thoughts, they are the very comments that help propel change.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA

Been to Hilton Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!