“Great sushi not so great Hibachi”
Review of Kiku Yama Japanese Steakhouse - CLOSED

Kiku Yama Japanese Steakhouse
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2010

This restaurant is huge! The first time my boyfriend and I went for dinner we sat at a table and only had sushi. The sushi was really good and they allow you to make your own rolls. The house cabernet was also really good. The second time we went I brought some family members of mine and we had hibachi. The hibachi could have been better.

Reviewed January 5, 2010

Had dinner here on new years with some friends. The atmosphere was festive and fun. You are entertained while your food is cooked in front of you. I started out with a philadelphia sushi roll which was delicious. Each tappenyaki meal is accompanied by soup, salad with a ginger dressing, rice/noodles and entree. We all got a steak type dish running 17-20 with all the above included. Steak was cooked to order and the fried rice was very good.
I recommend the mai tai's they're good and strong and quite reasonably priced. I would definately go back here. There is ample parking in the back but if it's busy there is on street parking.as well. I will definately be going back.

Reviewed November 23, 2009

I've been to Kikuyama a few times. The food is always very fresh, and very well prepared. The chefs are very entertaining as well. They make you feel v. welcome. They are also v. accomodating when it comes to children. They make the best mai tai's in the area!

Reviewed October 20, 2009

This is me and my boyfiriends favorite place to eat. We began coming here a few years ago when we first started dating. The sushi is delicious, and the fried ice cream is my favorit thing in the menu. The chefs are funny, and it's a fun place to go with a group of friends and family. There's also a full bar with great drinks.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook