“Pricey, Mediocre Food”
Review of Legal C Bar

Legal C Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal C Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rustcraft Road
Description: From Legal Sea Foods, Legal C Bar emerges – a focused yet full-flavored social urban venue, casual in style. Classic “C” fare like clams, cod, calamari as well as custom cocktails and carafes provides a contemporary, comfortable experience. Our all-day menu features favorites from Legal Sea Foods and LTK as well as new exclusives. Forty-two specialty cocktails and 25 wines by-the-glass satisfy any thirst for fun. Two bars (including one food bar) anchor the restaurant which also features communal tables, wedge booths and mezzanine seating. Come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our restaurant within the new Legacy Place lifestyle center will get you hooked.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I ate here on our way from Boston to CT. We ordered the fried clams as an app, they were okay and it was a very small portion, I expected better and way more food for the $13 price tag. I ordered the lobster burger for dinner, it was good. Overall I found everything way too pricey for what we got. Even though the burger was good, it wasn't enough to make me want to return. Also, our service was good but kind of slow.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've tried this spot a few times and held off on writing a review because I chalked it up to being an off night. However, I'm now convinced that when you put all the pieces together, the Legal C Bar in Dedham is nothing more than average covered up by hip decor. Yes, they use quality fresh seafood and for the most part they now how to prepare it. However, for the price you pay the overall experience is lacking especially in the service department. A few things that detract from a better overall experience are: 1)The smell. I get it, it's a seafood spot, but it doesn't need to smell like it. 2)The noise. This is not a good spot for conversation as the floors are concrete and space is very open. 3) The cocktails are quite weak and have far too much ice. 4) The servers need to be more attentive to their tables. I shouldn't need to ask for water or condiments. Overall, their is lots of potential for Legal C Bar, but the management needs to step up and not continue to rest on their laurels.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff was very friendly, and the food was excellent. Their outdoor seating is a bit cramped, though.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went here with a group of 6 on a warm August evening. We had the chowder snd fried calamari as appetizers ( and some fried pickles!) and a pretty representative selection of entrees: swordfish, scallops, lobster... It was all perfectly cooked and well-presented. We also had the recommended bottle of Sancerre, which was a perfect accompaniment. Service was youthful but professional.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I ate at the bar and the staff was very friendly and helpful, my drink was refilled when needed and the Lobster was very good. It is a little bit of a bland ambiance, but the location is fantastic in the middle of the Legacy Shopping center. I do plan on returning later this week to try some other things from the menu. The price versus the value seemed about right, it was a little pricy but it was a good meal.