“Food was boring”
Review of Legal C Bar

Legal C Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal C Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rustcraft Road
Description: From Legal Sea Foods, Legal C Bar emerges – a focused yet full-flavored social urban venue, casual in style. Classic “C” fare like clams, cod, calamari as well as custom cocktails and carafes provides a contemporary, comfortable experience. Our all-day menu features favorites from Legal Sea Foods and LTK as well as new exclusives. Forty-two specialty cocktails and 25 wines by-the-glass satisfy any thirst for fun. Two bars (including one food bar) anchor the restaurant which also features communal tables, wedge booths and mezzanine seating. Come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our restaurant within the new Legacy Place lifestyle center will get you hooked.
Sharon, Massachusetts
“Food was boring”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is my third visit to Legal C bar. Menu is always the same and very limited. The few specials offered were WAY overpriced. I love seafood, but this food was boring. No flavor or creativity at all. Very crowded and the lay out lacked forethought. Staff and patrons bumping into us through out the sit down meal. We were sat two tables from the entrance. I never took my coat off it was so cold. Sat at the bar before dinner. Nice drink menu. It was larger than the dinner menu. We were able to watch the kitchen from there. Noticed that some food sat there for pick up for a long time while the manager just strolled by. AND since when are elementary school children allowed to be seated at a bar??? We do not expect to go back. This is New England and good seafood restaurants abound. This just isn't one of them.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Vacationers1028

Orlando, Florida
“Good food, just overpriced.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Legal Seafood was good, but not as good as it should have been for what we paid. I ate one bite of my sides (collard greens and sweet mashed potatoes) and the rest just sat there because they were not good at all. But maybe that's just me! My lobster was really good. A tiny bit overcooked, but still delicious. I would go back, but for special occasions only as the price isn't exactly "date night" for our budget. :)

Pennsylvania
“We had a fun meal”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Wanting a mid-day meal after shopping at Legacy Place, we opted for several small plates and enjoyed them immensely, along with a good draft beer and an Argentine wine. Our server "Dan" was very friendly, hospitable and efficient, answering our inquiries and giving some solid advice. A professional. It was our first time in this restaurant, and as retail store outfitters, we found the design and decor very appealing and nicely done. The menu is limited, but I imagine they do everything well. I found the front house staff a little off-putting: no greeting, no smile. In fact, I don't believe we were even actually addressed other than a "Follow me". We were not acknowledged when we left, either. That said, we would come again.

• Visited January 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Enjoyed But more Extensive Menu Would Be Better”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Legal is always great. Whatever I've ordered has been great. This store was as much bar as restaurant and seemed to have a less extensive menu. But that is the worst I could say.

Visited January 2013
Sharon, Massachusetts
“Hipper atmosphere than the usual Legal's, similar good food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

In general, this is Legal's attempt to create a place that is hipper with a lively bar scene, and it generally works. We've been here a few times in the last year, with no complaints.

Food is similar to the usual menu Legal's offers, with some twists, though its more limited. They push the drinks a bit more. Not an ideal place for the kids unless early in the day.

Prices are fair (expensive, but it is seafood). I recommend the lobster (of course) and the pacific salmon. Oysters and crab cakes were also good. Our server the last time basically forgot about us b/c it was very busy, but service was good other times there.

Good option if you are in Legacy Place and don't want the usual burger joints or quick serve food.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank David M

Been to Legal C Bar? Share your experiences!