“Ok, but nothing special”

Joe's American Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's American Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 87 Restaurants in Dedham
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ariadne Rd.
Transit: Washington St @ Holiday Inn (34E) Washington St Opp Holiday Inn (34E) Washington St Opp Fay Rd (34E)
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Not sure if we just got a bad server or if in general the service does not pay attention but I didn't love this place. The food was nothing special and it took a long time for the server to return to fill drinks. Could just be a fluke with that server on that day but we won't be going back.

Joes American F, Manager at Joe's American Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Hi Erin,

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your most recent experience here at Joe's. We take great pride in what is usually warm exemplary service and I'm sorry that hear that you didn't receive the typical treatment here the other day.

I'd like to invite you back here to Joe's for the great meal that you should have had the first time around. Please let me know when you would like to come back and I will arrange for you have a nice table and a couple of entrees on us.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

we have been going here for years and the new menu is refreshing. We liked some of the old standards as well. Pleasant environment. the bar area is nice with kids.

Joes American F, Manager at Joe's American Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Hi Carolyn,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your great experience at Joe's in Dedham! I'm glad you enjoyed the bar/lounge area with your family. We hope to see you back here soon!

Manager

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Drinks were a good value. I had the prime rib French dip. Good but a little over priced for the quality. Bagguette was neither crispy nor chewy on the inside. They need to crisp the FF. We also, had the 3 dip nacho appetizer. Dip were very good but sparce on ships.
My wife had the chile and said that it was very good. Let's see a sandwich, nacho chips with dip, chile and 4 coctails, Bill was $59 + 11 for the tip. BTW service was very good.

Joes American F, Manager at Joe's American Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hi!

Thank you for reviewing us the other day on Trip Advisor. We rely heavily on our guests feedback about the food, value, and service so I sincerely appreciate your comments. I am very glad that you loved the service here. As for the food meeting the price, we are consistently working on that, so thank you for bringing that to my attention. I hope to see you back at Joe's soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This place used to impress (and I'm talking about the entire chain) but seems to have settled on average food. The prices match the food, average, while the service remains pretty good.

Hey there,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! I'm sorry that you thought your experience was simply "average," as we always strive to leave our guests feeling that they had an excellent experience here in Dedham! We do appreciate your feedback and it's with your help that we're able to elevate our food here at Joe's. Please get back to me, I would love to treat you to some excellent food here at Joe's!

Dedham@joesamerican.com

Reviewed October 28, 2013

From the outside this restaurant looks like your typical sports bar or side-of-highway chain. However the food is made fresh, the menu is inventive, and everything we had was delicious. I was pleasantly surprised!

Joes American F, Manager at Joe's American Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for writing a review for Joe's! It is your feedback that helps us get better. I am so glad to hear that you really enjoyed the food as well as our inventive menu. We hope to see you back here soon in Dedham!