“Meh...”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #62 of 87 Restaurants in Dedham
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I understand I went to IHOP, I do. I have not been very often, but I was disappointed this time around.

Our server was training someone and I almost suggested to management that they be re-assigned. The server was delightful, polite and prompt. However, I had to keep stopping them for things like napkins, utensils and ketchup. It wasn't just us, I heard other people asking for the same.

I felt like such a nuisance for asking for items that should have been readily available. And because the server obviously had other tables, I waited so long to stop them that the fries were stone cold by the time I got to them.

I will say however, the potato soup was good and the mozzarella sticks were dang near the best I've had recently. Burger was decent, kids grilled cheese was ok. Looked greasy and undercooked, but she ate it, so I guess it was fine!! Fruit cup was fresh, though mostly honeydew, which she doesn't eat.

All in all, a decent enough meal, but the preparedness of the server overshadowed the experience and I fear the trainee will not learn all they should to be a good server on their own.