“Not fancy but it's clean & works for me.”

Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The rooms & furnishings are very plain but ours was clean, the bed was good, great shower, TV & WiFi worked and the breakfast had a good t is selection. I would stay again.
You can hear a little noise from I95 which may disturb a light sleeper. I didn't hear it until I woke up in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I came back again to this hotel based on previous stay experiences. Again, I was not surprised of the great service and cleanliness of the rooms. My first night was a minor setback where my ac unit wasn't cold enough. My son needed the room extra cold and the ac unit couldn't keep up with the demand. I went to the front desk to ask maintenance to check it out in the morning. The clerk was ultra apologetic and called maintenance right there and then. When we came back to the room after my son's doctor appointments, the room was a frigid 64degrees! They didn't fix the ac unit but replaced it all together! Our second night went by flawless. No banging of other doors, no ice maker noises, just pure silence at night. We slept like little babies! Thank you again for another excellent stay and rxperience!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I went with a group of forty people. I was a little nervous after reading some poor reviews. we
had 14 rooms. all were updated and clean. the mattresses and pillows were comfortable.There were no problems with noise.The breakfast buffet was plentiful and never ran low--and there were 2 sports teams there as well.
the outside is well lit and clean. Parking is ample and well lighted.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had a last minute business meeting in the Dedham area early on a Saturday morning and did not want to drive from Portland ME the same morning. I looked for a reasonable rate for a night and found the Fairfield Inn to be exactly what I needed.

Room Tip: The staff located my room away from a group that had many young kids playing in the hall. I apprecia...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I spent one night here while visiting in the Boston area. The room was nice and clean and the bed and pillows comfortable. The sink vanity was outside the bathroom and the bathroom was very small with the toilet right up next to the door. The breakfast was plentiful and the staff very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

This place is just ok, I do not believe it is up to the standards that Marriott upholds. The room was ok but needed a few repairs and updates. The front desk staff are slow and not very friendly. I checked in at 3:30am and it took way longer then it should. The one good thing is it is walking distance to the train station. I will stick with Courtyard.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jmcurl
BOSDH, Manager at Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your adding your comments about the Farifield Inn Boston Dedham. We truly appreciate the input as it allows us to continue to make approvements. I wanted to apologize for the slowness of the check in, however at that time of the morning the system is in the process of running a lot of reports and it does slow down the process a little. You stated our rooms were "OK". One of the things the hotel has done this month is that we have purchased new mattresses for all of our rooms, since that was a comment that appearing in some our reviews.

We here at the Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham strive to provide excellent customer service as well as clean, comfortable rooms that meet Marriott standards. And I do hope that you will give us another try when you are back in the area. When you are ready to make that reservation feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you - Kerry Wroe

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Pros:
* Friendly counter service
Cons:
* Multiple hairs on the shower wall from previous guest. Seriously! Very gross.
* 2 double beds, both had such old mattresses that I sank into the middle of each.

My advice, find another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SamirJain
HLC1, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Mr. Jain,

Thank you for your review! It is apparent that we have some work to do before we can earn your continued loyalty.

In response to your comment about our beds, I would like to point out that two weeks ago we replaced almost all of our beds. We will replace the remaining few beds in February. We always welcome our guest’s feedback and we discuss each comment at our newly established customer appreciation committee.

Please feel free to contact either myself or the General Manager on your visit to the Dedham area for another opportunity to earn your loyalty and try out the new beds.

Best regards

Harley L. Chien

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham
2 mi away
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Dedham/Westwood

Been to Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!