“Mixed emotions”

Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed here with a group of 12 for a Patriots weekend. We were all lukewarm about this hotel following our stay.
First of all, the good:
- Friendly and efficient staff. No exceptions.
- Rooms well appointed. 32" flatscreen TV. Fridge, microwave, etc.
- Handy breakfast nook, breakfast English muffin sandwiches.
- Walls seemed well soundproofed.
-Location. Off the 95, near many stores. And off Rte 1, which takes you directly to Gillette Stadium.

The less good:
- The lobby smelled very musty, damp. That moldy smell one smells in damp basements. The staff showed a lot of class by cheerily working in that smell.
- Normally, I am not too fussy, but the bed was way too hard. My matress screamed for some sort of pillowtop cover.

Once one gets past the smell in the lobby, the hotel is OK. Rates were, like everything else here, just OK. The staff stands out. So does the location. I would stay here again, but I would also be willing to try one of the other nearby hotels.

Room Tip: There are two hotel buildings separated by a parking lot. Try for a room in the same building as the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ATidalBore

Reviewed September 28, 2011

I had low expectations. I was booked in another hotel nearby, which called the day of my arrival to say that they had no room for me at had booked me at the Fairfield Inn.

The best thing about this place was that the staff was uniformly friendly -- not in that vapid, mechanical way that hotel staff often display, but in a genuine way. I felt more welcome here than I've felt at many higher-end properties.

The room was nicely decorated and in good condition, except for an old air conditioning unit and some mildew in the shower grout. The public areas were likewise attractive and well maintained.

Free breakfast was basic (cereal, make your own waffle, hard-boiled eggs, packaged breakfast sandwiches), but adequate (except for the rubbery hard-boiled egg).

The negatives: The layout is a bit "maze-like," with many long hallways and odd connections between hallways. Hallways have no windows and have low ceilings, making them feel a bit claustrophobic. Bathroom was very small.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank OaklandJeff
Reviewed September 22, 2011

It would make it perfect if they provide earplugs since it is a bit noisy sometimes. But I still want to say this hotel is great for business trip. Their staff is very friendly. I can show more:
1) super fast internet in room. no annoying passcode.
2) clean room and excellent facilities. AC is so so. Shower flow is hot and strong.
3) Great/free breakfast! lots of choices and good morning coffee.
4) pool and gym, though I do not use
5) nice environment.
6) location... near I95.. not bad.

For me, yes, I will return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HongyiQu
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Hotel layout is odd and the walls are paper thin. We had a working girl with multiple visitors in the room next to us our first night. The staff were all very helpful with all questions and with changing our room. The hotel is clise to a mall and to the commuter train. It was a great location for going to the patriots game and was far enough outside of Boston to keep the price reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed one night on our way home from Cape Cod, and it was a great night. We ate at the Buca restaurant and had a great breakfast. All the staff was very friendly and a pleasure to deal with.

we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Pros
Nice staff.
Close to bussiness, stores, etc.

Cons.
Got bitten by bedbugs - 1st time for me.
Like others mentioned, hotel smelled moldy, musty. and like bleach.
Wet paint signs everywhere

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank dformcia
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Pretty good - close to the new mall in Dedham. Includes DIY breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Bazaal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!