“rip off!”

Summer Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Summer Shack is a fun, casual, restaurant. Specializing in New England Style Seafood. We offer 10 to 12 different types of oysters daily. Lobsters in varying sizes and styles including our signature clambake. Wonderful local grilled fish and crispy fried seafood. We do offer several non-seafood items as well. Steaks, burgers and award winning fried chicken. We are a children friendly restaurant and we can accommodate larger groups upon request.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

You know i ate at the summer shack twice before about 3 yrs back and i loved it, I dont know whats changed between then and now but this place is hurting. My fiance took me here for my birthday last week and what a rip off. Our server was polite but she was fairly incompetent and would have been more at home at dennies than what is advertised as a chef owned restaurant. The food was ok but uneven. The corn bread tasted old and stale which was followed up by our app of road island calamari. This wasnt bad it tasted ok but the food looked like it had been sitting around for a while. For dinner i had the signature pan roasted lobster and this was the highlight of my meal. My girlfriend had the steak which was pretty mediocre and not worth the price tag. It did how ever come with mash potatoes which werent bad. We also had between the two of us the 2 smallest most pathetic uninspired margariates i have ever had. The real killer here though is the sticker shock. Our dinner for 2 was about 100 bucks with drinks and apps. For the quality of food and service the meal should cost half of what it does, i dont mind paying $100 plus for a meal but i expect far better than this when i do.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have been here a number of times and really want to like it. I can't. Was there for lunch today and was disappointed again. It really is overpriced for mediocre food.
Ordered lobster potstickers. They had abslutely no taste and were filled with a brownish mush that purported to have lobster in it. I had a scallop special - $25.00. The scallops were a little small for sea scallops and the coconut rice was on the hard side (old?). The cornbread was very dry, again maybe on the stale side. My dining companion had a mackerel special again nothing special and the brown rice was hard.
Won't be going back any time soon.....

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went in with four coworkers on a lunch break, food took 45 minutes and no one was in the restaurant. We never got refills on our drinks, they never asked. Someone's medium steak came out well done and burnt. Won't go there again!

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I went to this place with my friends and I ordered a burger! My burger was like rubber and they serve corn bread instead of bread and it tasted like cheese it wasn't good! I recommend not going!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was very disappointed in this restaurant. Went there with friends for dinner. The atmosphere was ok. Best think about the place was our waiter; he was so upbeat and knowledgeable of the menu. The food was decent, but prices were high for the venue. Not sure they'll be around this area too long; a lot of competition and better prices.