“Loud but good food”

Yard House
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Four of us thought that we would give the Yard House a try last Saturday. Since a party of four can not get a reservation, we waited an hour to be seated about 8:00. The place was jammed and the atmosphere was loud and young with lots of flat screen TVs for sports. The menu was huge with the first three pages dedicated to hundreds of beer selections. We ordered drinks and a Chicken Nacho app which was very good and large enough for the four of us. Two entrees from the "snack" menu; the Ahi Bowl and Shittake Garlic Noodles. Both were delicious and surprisingly large portions for a snack. I had the Turkey Burger and my friend had the Turkey Club. We both enjoyed our dishes. The burger was cooked just right (not over-done) and the Turkey Club huge and excellent. I will order that the next time. Jason our server was attentive and did a good job keeping us informed as the food prep was somewhat slow. Overall, we all enjoyed our dinners would recommend the Yard House.

There are newer reviews for Yard House

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The menu has a great selection and the beer choices seem endless. Favorites here are the coconut shrimp and the jambalaya. If you can, try for a seat at the bar. The food can take a little while, especially on a busy night but it's worth the wait and your beer glass will never be empty,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I would recommend this place. Good ambiance and good food. It was late dinner so it wasn't very crowded. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a reservation and they had us on the list and somehow skipped right over us and on to a 2nd page. We finally asked about it and they saw they skipped us over by several people so fixed it and gave us a table quickly. The food was pretty good! I really enjoyed my burger and the whole table really enjoyed the food! The beer selection is amazing and I went a different route with a mango mojito which was great! The one complaint I'd have is that it's super noisy in there, we all were screaming to talk to each other.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Our son has major food allergies. We go to YH all the time. The are usually terrific for that reason! Thus particular Sunday @ lunchtime we had a terrible experience. Or we did for my 7 year old. He has very specific food needs. We told the server everything we required & all the allergies. A manager came over. We ordered the same meal we always do. It's "safe" and reliable & good. He loves a burger & fries. We learned that the baked O-rings he always orders actually contain milk - an allergen if his !! We have been assured in the past that they were safe! Did the recipe change? We don't know?! Ugggggg!!!!! Got an apology. Ok! Well... Burger came out raw. They wanted to leave the fries & take burger but we had our food. That's stinks. We should eat together. He was very upset. I asked that they take the entire plate. Make a new one. They bake his fries. They have to give an untoasted bun - ungrilled. Dairy allergy. It came back grilled. Had to go back. 3rd time the charm? Nope!!! We all had our food. He was so sad so they made a mad looking salad. Didn't cut it for me. The plate came. A manager brought the second plate out w the grilled bun and said it was not grilled but could not reassure anything about the way it was cooked. It was obvious! She was aggravated and annoyed. I gave her two options. Bring it back or if he got sick...so the 3rd & final burger came out... Horrible!!!!!!!!!! Burnt. Fries to a crisp. Well done wasn't the word. He ate some. Poor kid was starving. We were waiting for his food. Ours was cold. They comped the bill & apologized. But that didn't affect how my 7 year old felt. He didn't know I cried in the bathroom. I went to the manager from there. Told her what I thought. Those fries should have never been served!
The server let them go down while the manager was with her. They checked together. Unknown to me, my husband complained too. So sad for the experience at one if our favorite places. Never expected. They weren't busy either.