“Fun Bowling and Restaurant”
Review of Kings Bowl Dedham

Kings Bowl Dedham
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Dedham
More attraction details
Owner description: Kings offers a memorable dining & entertainment experience unlike any other. Kings boasts a restaurant-first approach with amazing scratch dishes from its chef driven award-winning kitchen in classic retro environment. Guests can start with fan favorites such as the Buffalo Chicken Wontons or Grilled Steak Tips while enjoying a nice glass of wine or hand crafted cocktails. Guests can round out their meal with decadent desserts or microbrews. Of course, Kings also sets itself apart with timeless social gaming. Kings features family friendly days and a haven for adults in the evening. Kings – Eat, Drink, Play, Score!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Boston
267 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 197 helpful votes
“Fun Bowling and Restaurant”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

A new facility with modern lanes and scoreboards with a full service bar and restaurant. Food and beverage service to the lanes. Nice menu with fun appetizers and pizzas. Good for a couple or a large group (they have two rooms with 2-4 private lanes each).

Visited June 2012
Rob M, Director of Sales at Kings Bowl Dedham, responded to this review, January 14, 2016
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us at Kings Dedham and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dedham, MA
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun Place with Uniqueness”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Bowling with the kiddos is always fun and it's especially nice to have this jewel close to home. The food is okay at best, the real draw is bowling.

Visited April 2012
We are glad you enjoyed the lanes, please make sure and visit our restaurant again as we do constantly make additions to the menu.
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The illusion of bowling, invitation to injury”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My family went for the bowling and it was a huge disappointment. I read reviews all the time, but very rarely write them. Kings sucked so bad that I find myself compelled to share why. For starters, they have deliberately shortened the area that you use to approach the line and release the ball, so it's impossible to properly approach the line and release the ball. Not that you could, even if the approach was longer. You see, the surface of the approach has ZERO slipperiness; you basically make a few short steps to the line, find your feet glued to the spot, and try to remain uninjured as you attempt to throw, rather than swing, the ball.

Kings must, however, make a stiff drink, because I have seen some pretty trashed people emerge from their doors on previous visits to Legacy Place, and on my visit to Kings, one guy was staggering into the bathroom.

Visited May 2012
We are sorry for this visit to see us at Kings Dedham, we strive to create a fun experience for all our guest and we look forward to you giving us another opportunity to earn your business back.
Boston, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“GOING DOWNHILL!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Kings USED TO BE one of my favorite hangout spots. I've been there tons of times with different people-- with friends (late 20's-early 30's), my parents, sibling, extended family, my son and nephew (7 and 9). I always USED TO enjoy it. Although pricy for a bowling alley, it was tolerable because you're paying for the entire atmosphere and the food and drinks WERE excellent (each drink can run you $10 or $11...my husband refuses to buy them). They had incredible homemade fries (and potato chips) which were to die for! A great turkey burger, too. I'll be honest--I've been coming here for the food-- there is much cheaper bowling elsewhere!

Recently, King's decided to change [read: "reduce the quality of"] the best items on their menu. The burgers got about one-third smaller (but the prices did not), and most importantly, they traded in their delicious homemade fries for some out-of-the-freezer tasting shoestrings. Crappy, skinny, cheap-tasting fries (think: a McD's fry, quartered lengthwise, hard and cold because there is no potato inside to keep it hot)...still $5.00 a basket. When they brought them out, my face dropped. We came for the fries! The server had the nerve to tell us that we'd love them. My husband said, "No, we won't. I can tell by the way they look." My son, who will eat almost any fries and loved the old homemade ones, was not impressed, either. And you know, if you can't even get a KID to like your fries, they MUST be TERRIBLE!

In short, as the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I honestly have had no desire to return since they changed the fries. I've heard from other people that there are other items that have been "changed" as well, but I can only verify the burgers and fries.

Visited February 2012
We are glad you enjoyed all the gaming at Kings and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Kings Dedham!
Massachusetts
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“fun night”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

come with a group and relax - congenial place to bring a crowd after work.